User Avatar Image

Hit the Road, Again

posted by warning756 on - last edited - Viewed by 694 users
Is it just me or should they re-release Hit the Road or make a sequel, cause I never got to play, and I really want to.
24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • warning756;429486 said:
    They DID remake Tales of Monkey Island on steam you bojo.
    *pulls to one side*

Just to let you know, Tales of Monkey Island was a new game by Telltale and LucasArts, the remake was The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and Monkey Island 2: Special Edition, and yes all of these were released on Steam.
  • I forget theirs a difference with names, but still it's on steam you bojo.
  • I have this game on an emulator. Sucky thing is, it has absolutely no save option; you play it all the way through or you don't finish it.
  • F5 was the button to push to save on most of those old lucasarts games. :^)
  • I don't see why not. If lucas has hit the road and steve holds the sam and max rights..... they could just do a monkey island special edition and make it prettier!
  • warning756;429779 said:
    I forget theirs a difference with names, but still it's on steam you bojo.
    Telltale didn't make those, they were made by Lucasarts.
  • Ok, well maybe they can make hit the road with steve's permission.
  • warning756;431214 said:
    Ok, well maybe they can make hit the road with steve's permission.
    They Don't need Steve's permission they'd need it from Lucas Arts
  • gamer247;431606 said:
    They Don't need Steve's permission they'd need it from Lucas Arts
    In fact, Lucas Arts can not do anything on their end before they get permission from Steve.

This is a catch 22: Steve can't touch Hit the Road because Lucas Arts owns the program code. Also, Lucas Arts can not rerelease or do anything with Hit the road because Lucas Arts does not have the neccessary rights to the characters Sam and Max.

Answer to this mess: Both Steve and "Some Exec" from Lucas Arts must ask for a Hit the Road Project at the very same time.
  • One of them needs to be willing to ask first, if lucasarts asked im sure steve would say yes in a heartbeat, but if steve asked lucasarts might demand something else in return, they just need to ask and get permission, if anyone up in telltale is reading this, show it to steve, now, NOW!
Add Comment