User Avatar Image

Sound cut off at the end - german version

posted by bitterlemon on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
Hi,

while playing BTTF1 the sound cuts of very often in the german version. It looks like the german sound files for a german sentence are longer then the english sentences and the programmer just gave them time of the english version.

The Problem appears at the same sentences every time. it's repeatable.

It also apears, if i set quality settings to the lowest point.

PS: My Computer should be fast enough.
37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Same here. Updated my audio-driver just in case but no change. These cut-off lines are quite annoying, but great game anyway :)
  • same here. please fix this. it's terrible and destroys the game not to hear the phrases until the bitter end. even though you didn't manage or did not want to manage to get (damn, why not?!) the real german synchron-speakers for the game, i'm very interested in hearing, what is uttered by the characters.

and please also fix the terrible and non-understandable difference between the written text and the one, which is spoken by the characters. how can these failures be made?
  • ...and don't forget the mistake in the beginning (mall with Doc and Marty) where the voice of Marty (!) and not the voice of Doc utters Doc's formulas.
  • same here,

fix it a.s.a.p. Telltale!
  • Abramson;436455 said:
    same here,

fix it a.s.a.p. Telltale!
    We can only fix it if it's a widespread issue and we know whats causing it. If you're using windows can you post your dxdiags or OS versions if your on Mac. I honestly haven't had anyone write into support about this and we can't reproduce it here, so it's limited to just four people it may be something we can't fix.
  • I dont think it is limited to only four people, search for the german version of the game in youtube and you will find the bug in every video (in the same sentences).
    What Bitterlemon says:
    "It looks like the german sound files for a german sentence are longer then the english sentences and the programmer just gave them time of the english version.

The Problem appears at the same sentences every time. it's repeatable."

here is my dxdiag, splittet in two parts
  • Same to me! I tried it from 2 Pc's one with WinXP one with Win7. Both are having this cut off problem! Please fix this for Epsiode I and further releases! :(
  • Same here. I suppose it is caused because the German sentences are longer than the English ones. I also have the opposite effect that the characters move their mouths but are already finished with speaking their words.
  • i didn't played it from the beginning yet. but maybe someone could play BTTF1 german on PC and tell the programmers exactly one sentence where the problem appears, so that they could see it for itself. Maybe that would be enough to find the mistake.

@Abrason:
    Maybe you could post the link to the videos with the seconds you found the mistake.
  • sure,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKNr776RErw&feature=related
    at 6:10min, the date of the year is cut off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3taXsqZGgs&feature=related
    00:36min (missing word at the end)
    07:45min (Hilfe, ich werde von Rowdys *cut off, missing word "attack" in english)
    German Subtitle (Hilfe, ich werde angegriffen von Rowdys)
This discussion has been closed.