User Avatar Image

D&D Campaign: All Interested Welcome!

posted by mgrant on - last edited - Viewed by 10.5K users
After mentioning I'm part of a Skype campaign on the "whatever's on your mind" thread, there seemed to be a fair bit of interest in playing/learning D&D here on the forums. Therefore, I'll be starting a Skype campaign for those interested here. No experience with any sort of tabletop gaming is required, and I'll supply what's needed to game here to the best of my ability.

It will most likely be a 3.5 edition campaign unless most interested in playing would prefer 4th edition. I have links to sites to help build character sheets for both editions.

After the initial sign up, since I'm not sure Dropbox is a good idea as my five man group on Skype has been having problems with space, this thread'll serve as our Dropbox of sorts, character sheets, notifications, etc. will be posted here.

I won't claim to be a fantastic DM, but I do try and make sure my group has fun, and I will be playing a character as well as DMing. Also, I try to be on Skype regularly, so feel free to contact me if you feel you need help or just have general questions. I'll try to be as helpful as I can.
696 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm interested, mostly because Spoony defended the game so much and that inspired me to look into it if I ever got the chance. If anything, it would improve my geek cred.
  • Glad to see so many people are interested in this. ^.^.

More clerical stuff, since people are already deciding on class/race/etc. (should have done this earlier but got buried in writing the scenario). Unfortunately, the character sheet site does not just let you link your character sheet, so I'll be looking at other methods to link them into the thread.

Also, make sure to gen your characters at level 1 (just mentioning it so it's clear to everyone).

Oh, and I should mention I've genned a bard for this campaign. So, I've got some spellcasting capabilities, but I won't be able to do any healing until around level 3 ish.
  • Hmm... this site seems to be okay at hosting text.

http://www.text-upload.com/read.php?id=40214&c=6288167
    (Its my first try at making a character, so if it sucks then I'm sorry! XD)

Could then label the link like this:

Larren Moonchild -level 1
    Grognak -level 1 (One I made for fun! XD)
    Marsha Shrilltongue -level 1 (Just practicing with the creator a little bit more! XD)

So things don't get too mixed up.
  • Creating character as I type, Wood elf Ranger. I'm in.

Edit: Great, I don't know what would be good armor for me.

Edit again: If you want to contact me on Skype you have to add me as a contact, I have it set to not reject anything by anyone off contact list. Still working on character.
  • So, went on ahead and tried that site you recommended RetroVortex. Aside form some formatting errors, it seems like the best option so far, so we'll run with it.

Here's my bard, Karis Dirgeseeker

EDIT: Rangers do best with light or medium armor, particularly if your playing an elf. I'd recommend a chain shirt or studded leather starting out, Hide if your character can manage the weight with no penalties.
  • Remolay Da'aylf Ranger, Wood elf

Now I need to go to bed.
  • I'd be interested in playing in a one-off session or irregularly. I'm fine with playing a "NPC" created by the DM. Otherwise I'd like to just drop in and "watch" the game without being part of it (as long as everyone involved is fine with it of course).
  • Nyar' La' Thotep, Wizard, Great Old One.

I screwed up the level, which should say 1, but other than that I think I did all right on it. The character generator let me create my own race, so I hope that that's allowed.
  • Avistew;437996 said:
    I'd be interested in playing in a one-off session or irregularly. I'm fine with playing a "NPC" created by the DM. Otherwise I'd like to just drop in and "watch" the game without being part of it (as long as everyone involved is fine with it of course).
    Same here. I'm not confident enough in my availability for multiple sessions, but I'm definitely interested.
  • Sounds good. Interested.
Add Comment