User Avatar Image

Trogday 2011 'Wood Craft' Contest

posted by Alan Johnson on - last edited - Viewed by 5.6K users
To commemorate Trogday's wood anniversary I present you, the Telltale fans, with a challenge. I know many of you are quite artistically gifted so I want you to create something Strong Bad related out of wood. Now, it doesn't necessarily have to be a physical item made from wood (of course, wood carvings are appreciated), but even something like using a wood texture in photoshop on a digital picture counts. You have from now until Friday, January 21 at 12:00 pm (Pacific Time) to get your entry in on THIS thread on the Telltale Games forums. I'll then create a poll in this thread with all of the entrants' names and the entire Telltale forum community will have a week (Until January 28 at 12:00 pm Pacific Time) to vote for their favorites. 'What's in it for you?' you ask. Here's what.

• The (1) entrant with the most votes at the end of the voting period wins three games of their choice from the Telltale Games library. (Can be gifted)

• The (3) entrants with the next highest amount of votes win one game of their choice from the Telltale Games library.*

I'm very excited to see all the entries for the contest as I've always been blown away by how creative our fans are!*
188 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Alan Johnson;438851 said:
    Yeah just one entry. So sure, you could turn something in, but if you want to switch it out just do that. But only one entry can be entered at a time.
    While you are answering questions, does my entry technically count as a "wood entry"
  • I've got an (innaccurate) Trogdor woodburning I made over the summer. Wait here and I'll post it
  • Um... This is a huge probably not, but does my old Pine Wood Derby car with a picture of Homestar pasted on the window count? That old thing wasn't a looker, but it was the only car called The Homestar Runner.
  • The community is voting, so sure enter your stuff. If the community likes it, they'll select you as the winner. That said, it must be wood related (wood textures in Photoshop, made out of wood, etc.).
  • Alan Johnson;439066 said:
    The community is voting, so sure enter your stuff. If the community likes it, they'll select you as the winner. That said, it must be wood related (wood textures in Photoshop, made out of wood, etc.).
    I still would like to know if mine counts as a wood texture.
  • So, when you say three games of the winner's choice, are we talking three episodes or three seasons?
  • I have an idea! I...

a) Hope it works. and...
    b) Hope no-one else thinks of it.
  • lombre;439111 said:
    So, when you say three games of the winner's choice, are we talking three episodes or three seasons?
    episodes. If it were seasons, and I won, I would so have tried more and then hold my own contest for my amusement.
  • Gman5852;439133 said:
    episodes. If it were seasons, and I won, I would so have tried more and then hold my own contest for my amusement.
    Not me. I'd get Back to the Future, Wallace & Gromit, and SBCG4AP.
    I've already for SBCG4AP on WiiWare, but I'd love me that DVD.

Speaking of, here's my entry. Not entirely sure if it counts or not, but Alan did say "wood related".
  • well i tired making a wooden trogdor in minecraft but i failed, so im out, good luck to those who enter!
Add Comment