User Avatar Image

Broken copy?

posted by Lolenub on - last edited - Viewed by 576 users
My copy of the game is broken or something; (it was the copy that comes in the holiday bundle)

Whenever you click the link for tf2 unlocks it just tells you that you didn't buy the game from telltale.

Anyone have this problem or find a solution?
12 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The TF2 items are available strictly from within Steam. Those who pre-ordered the game from Telltale were actually given a code to punch into Steam to unlock a copy there for the visor and other items you unlock during play. It's obvious you couldn't have pre-ordered considering you got it through the Holiday Pack, and therefore links like this one (http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor) won't work for you.
  • jweir;439306 said:
    The TF2 items are available strictly from within Steam. Those who pre-ordered the game from Telltale were actually given a code to punch into Steam to unlock a copy there for the visor and other items you unlock during play. It's obvious you couldn't have pre-ordered considering you got it through the Holiday Pack, and therefore links like this one (http://www.telltalegames.com/tf2visor) won't work for you.
    Yes but since the telltale version was going to have the items as well, but was scrapped last minute, they added a link for ALL people who bought through telltale for the tf2 unlocks, minus the poker visor.
    I think he is saying that link doesnt work.
  • Yeah theres still the glasses, guns, and watch.
  • Lolenub;439469 said:
    Yeah theres still the glasses, guns, and watch.
    for those you need to play the steam version.
  • koiboi59;439489 said:
    for those you need to play the steam version.
    Ugh, did you even read the thread?:mad:

    I'm trying to get the steam version, but the link for doing so says I did not buy my game from telltale which I did....
  • Lolenub;439538 said:
    Ugh, did you even read the thread?:mad:

    I'm trying to get the steam version, but the link for doing so says I did not buy my game from telltale which I did....
    srry, but anyway did you preorder the game?
  • koiboi59;439539 said:
    srry, but anyway did you preorder the game?
    You didnt read the thread at all did you?

    He already said he got it via the holiday bundle so no he did not preorder.
  • Is there a way that I should use to contact Telltale about this (forum post in a certain area, emailing a specific address?)

    Cause it sounds like no one else is having this problem.
  • I would have said use that code you get for preordering since that unlocks the steam version but i have no idea what to do. sorry for being of no help, but yeah maybe contacting telltale is the best thing to do at this point.
  • Lolenub;439560 said:
    Is there a way that I should use to contact Telltale about this (forum post in a certain area, emailing a specific address?)

    Cause it sounds like no one else is having this problem.
    Yeah go to the support thread.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Add Comment