User Avatar Image

"Feathers on the forehead"?

posted by markeres on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
Occasionally when you lose a hand, Tycho will say something like "You should come to our feathers on the forehead night"? What does this mean? Is it referring to something that happened in one of the Penny Arcade comics? Some turn of phrase I'm not aware of? I did a Google search but couldn't find anything except lots of sites and articles about birds. So, does anyone know?
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is that game ever actually called "Feathers on the forehead", though?
  • markeres;430542 said:
    Is that game ever actually called "Feathers on the forehead", though?
    No, but its been called forehead stud so its kind of close. I don't know what to believe until we get an official explanation.
  • Wait a minute.

Feathers on the forehead?

Indian Poker?

Why hasn't anyone made this connection yet?
  • GaryCXJk;433173 said:
    Wait a minute.

Feathers on the forehead?

Indian Poker?

Why hasn't anyone made this connection yet?
    They have: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=430521&postcount=8.

I'm still not convinced this is the real explanation, yet. Not unless someone can tell me if Indian Poker is ever actually called "Feathers on the Forehead".
  • It's not called "feathers on the forehead", it's what Indians / Native Americans wear on their heads in stereotypes, hence, "feathers on the forehead".

Look at that picture, and what does he wear on his head? Exactly.

Seriously, am I really the only one getting this connection?
  • GaryCXJk;433492 said:
    Seriously, am I really the only one getting this connection?
    Seriously, you're not. But, seriously, Tycho specifically says "'Feathers on the Forehead' night" like he's talking about a game he plays that's actually called "Feathers on the Forehead". Which is why I started this thread, to find out if there is actually a game called that, if it's just a figure of speech, or if it refers to something from Penny Arcade. So far, Kyronea's explanation is the best I've heard, unless somebody can confirm that more people in the world than just Tycho ever call Indian Poker "Feathers on the Forehead".
  • When people call "Nerd Night", it's not because they organize a night for only nerds, they call it that because, for example, they refer to playing video games, which is not a nerd-exclusive activity.
  • GaryCXJk;434037 said:
    When people call "Nerd Night", it's not because they organize a night for only nerds, they call it that because, for example, they refer to playing video games, which is not a nerd-exclusive activity.
    /Strong Bad-mode on

This thread is turning into a nerd-exclusive activity...

/Strong Bad-mode off
  • GaryCXJk;434037 said:
    When people call "Nerd Night", it's not because they organize a night for only nerds, they call it that because, for example, they refer to playing video games, which is not a nerd-exclusive activity.
    Well, our college's anime club calls it "Geek Night" but that's mainly to make fun of the Greeks. :p
  • It could be the game where you put a feather (or pen or whatever) point down on your forehead and try to keep it balanced and upright.
Add Comment