User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 19.5K users
Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden
1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm too excited at the prospect of 3D gaming, I may just need to have one come launch day. I slammed a tenner deposit down to keep one on hold.

I really hope the 3D isn't really shit or the games implement it with shit design/no design philosophy
  • Wait... £250 in the UK (judging by all the prices on the sites now). Wtf? Thats the same price as a PS3! Definately not buying one for a long time, if thats true. Especially given the low battery life and the lack of decent original games. Call me back in a few years nintendo. We can have a nice reunion.
  • Ok now which game should I get.

I have enough money for either one or two depending on if I get Pokemon Black or White.
    So which games would you guys get?
    Im thinking street fighter.
  • I'm getting Nintendogs, Pilotwings and Street Fighter. Never played a Street Fighter before so it should be fun.

These features will not be available at launch.
    - web browser to be made available at a later date
    - eShop downloads to come at a later date
    - DSiWare transfers
    - play/access 3-D movies
    The lack of eShop makes me sad, but I can deal with the rest.
  • DrRocketGenius;441073 said:
    The lack of eShop makes me sad, but I can deal with the rest.
    I am upset about the 3dshop too.

But I also dislike that the update for file transfers isnt at launch as well.
    I have a lot of dsiware games to transfer, and would love to do that when I got the 3ds.
  • I may get the 3DS when it comes out.
    (It'll cost me about 200 quid as I get a store discount (I work at Tescos, and they'll probably have it))

But damn it is expensive over here!

I'll probably get DOA and SSF4 if they are in the UK launch.
    Could get Super Monkey Ball to mess with my mind as well...

Launch line-up is a little lacking in the Nintendo department though.
  • RetroVortex;441136 said:
    Launch line-up is a little lacking in the Nintendo department though.
    Yes, that it is unfortunately.
  • American sight is up.
    http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/hardware
    I swear kid beyond is doing the video tour.
  • JedExodus;441046 said:
    I really hope the 3D isn't really shit or the games implement it with shit design/no design philosophy
    3D has been around for decades and every implementation of it has always been awful and hideous looking. I can't imagine that Nintendo would be the ones to somehow magically get it right.
  • SHODANFreeman;441156 said:
    3D has been around for decades and every implementation of it has always been awful and hideous looking. I can't imagine that Nintendo would be the ones to somehow magically get it right.
    I like how you sent me the link to this berating of my opinion over Steam.

3D hasn't been done well in games before.
Add Comment