User Avatar Image

Tycho's voice

posted by tredlow on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users
So... Jerry Holkins, right? Do you think he's perfect, or will he be chosen just so that all the fans don't complain?

How do you imagine Tycho's voice sound? I always imagine him sounding like Randal from Clerks.
63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Let's just say that they do make jokes based on OOC moments more oftenly than "just that one time".
  • Omegabegin;412248 said:
    Or this one, for that matter.
    This one as well.
  • Long time reader of Penny Arcade, and no, I don't think it's OCC. Also, hilarious XD
  • So you guys are saying the real OOC moments are the times when he uses curse words and replies to Gabe in a sarcastic manner?

Well... okay.
  • No, but a character doesn't have to be one-note ALL the time. Or at least not the good ones.
  • Exactly. The fact that such a cynical and sarcastic character as Tycho has these bottled moments of childish glee locked up inside makes him a more interesting character.

The humor comes from the fact that it seems OOC, but that doesn't make it OOC.
  • I always thought he was being sarcastic in his glee, as evidenced by the fact that he goes stoic right after he says it.

Also, just because a character usually swears and rants, it doesn't mean that he is required to be one-dimensional and always swear and rant.

Moments of glee happen in the comic. Moments of glee happen int he game. It's not out of character.

...but I still say he really does seem sarcastic about it with the timing and that he's really not happy with his hand.
  • Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone imagine him sounding like this when they read the strips? Or did we all just keep our previous ideas for his voice?

Personally, though I love Andrew Chaikin's portrayal dearly, I still imagine the Samuel L. Jackson/American Hugh Laurie/Tim Curry combination I mentioned earlier.
  • OttersPod;441714 said:
    Out of sheer curiosity, does anyone imagine him sounding like this when they read the strips? Or did we all just keep our previous ideas for his voice?
    I do now that I've heard him in Poker Night, but since I've never heard Gabe that voice remains left to my imagination and until I hear him, that's how it will stay.
Add Comment