User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Movie(s) You Watched

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 34.3K users
Same as the Rate the Last Game You Finished topic but with movies. There should be more film talk around here. So, I'll start off with the movies I've seen in the past few days.

Law-Abiding Citizen - 5.5/11

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World - 7/11

Sword of the Stranger - 9/11

Blade Runner: Final Cut - 11/11

Blade Runner is one of those films I want to love but also want to hate.
1.8K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • puzzlebox;441312 said:
    Ditto Michael Crichton, with the exception of Jurassic Park.
    I thought that The Thirteenth Warrior was a pretty good adaptation of Eaters of the Dead.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Alcoremortis;441757 said:
    I thought that The Thirteenth Warrior was a pretty good adaptation of Eaters of the Dead.
    I wasn't aware of that one... let me rephrase to "Crichton movie adaptations are often (but not always) disappointing". Same as any other author really. ;)
  • puzzlebox;441762 said:
    I wasn't aware of that one... let me rephrase to "Crichton movie adaptations are often (but not always) disappointing". Same as any other author really. ;)
    Well, to be honest, it's not a very well known film. Good, though. Made me feel like a Viking. :D
  • Can't we just say "Literary adaptations are a gamble at best"?
  • Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the worst book to film adaption of all time-

YOU DO NOT CUT OUT THE MAIN CHARACTER OF THE BOOK FROM THE MOVIE.
  • I think I've been told the King rule was that movie adapted from his novels tend to be bad while movies adapted from his short stories tend to be good.

Honestly, I could see that with most adaptations. Books are a much more dense media, movies aren't that long, I could see how a short story would convert well into a movie, but a full-length novel would work better as, say a TV series.
  • The Graduate 10/10, more than just a movie.
  • No Country for Old Men - It's good, but is it four Oscars good? I give it 8/10. Maybe would've gave it a point more if i'd been paying attention to Tommy Lee Jones at the end and not fiddling with the alarm on my phone
  • I think I've been told the King rule was that movie adapted from his novels tend to be bad while movies adapted from his short stories tend to be good.
    It and Mysery would like to have a word with you.
  • Origami;444400 said:
    It and Mysery would like to have a word with you.
    IT is horrible, with the only redeeming quality being Tim Curry, who is just there to be hilarious. I'll be glad to have a word with IT though. Maybe I'll make it cry.
Add Comment