User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 51.8K users
basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore
3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, I just accomplished something very strange in Kingdom Hearts II. I was near the end of the first round of Space Paranoids and I walked into the second room of the I/O Tower. I didn't know what to do in there, so I saved and then tried accessing the terminal. The game crashed. So I loaded up my game and tried again. Another crash. After scratching my head over it for a while, I decided to leave the room and see if I had missed something earlier. When I left, a cutscene started, showing Sora and friends entering the room I had just tried to leave. Apparently this cutscene was supposed to trigger the first time I entered the room but didn't for some reason. After the cutscene was over, I was able to access the terminal (which I didn't need to do at the time anyway), and when I left the room again, the boss fight with the Hostile Program began. Never circumvented a cutscene before. I was worried I'd ruined my save file.
  • Currently playing Ghost Trick, it's very good, I do like the timing element of it, where if you miss what you need to do you have to restart the puzzle.
  • Space Quest Collection and Morrowind :)
  • Tex Murphy: Overseer, Spyro the Dragon, and Sam & Max S3
  • Left 4 Dead 2... but that's usually at a friend's house.
  • I completed Half Life: Opposing Force today. Turns out that is the one I had been remembering all this time. Strange since I didn't think I had even played it. I'm now onto Half Life: Blue Shift which I am certain I have never played before.

Still working on The Conduit for the wii, and am currently focusing my attention on Pokemon Soulsilver on the DS.
  • Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare (360)
  • I finally, for the first time ever, got all the Monkey Island games in one place so I'm playing through the entire series from start to finish again. Currently I'm about three quarters through Monkey Island 2.
  • Am currently playing Monday Night Combat.
    Man that game is addicting.
Add Comment