User Avatar Image

Monkey Island in LittleBigPlanet 2

posted by HoppyDragon on - last edited - Viewed by 738 users
I really hope this is the appropriate place to post this!

I haven't been around these forums in quite some time, but lately I've been playing LittleBigPlanet 2 and I've started work on some Monkey Island levels. Right now I've only completed the introduction from SOMI, and this is just the tip of the iceberg and I don't plan on stopping soon. My only downfall so far is the inability to sequence music with the in-game music sequencer because it's just not something that I'm good at. Anyways, if anyone here has LBP2, go to the link below and add my level to your queue! :D

http://lbp.me/v/xfwq8b

I've also included some teaser pictures so even people without LBP2 can see what this is all about.

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sweet! I've played some Monkey Island levels in Little Big Planet...but yours seems really well made! Can't wait to see it finished!

How can I find you/your level? What do I search for?
  • I have played those levels you've mentioned and while the intention is good the execution isn't so great. As for me, I suppose you could say I'm very detail orientated. It is killing me so much not having the theme in my level, but hopefully someone can come along and give me a hand with that.

Anyways, if you log in to http://www.lbp.me with your PSN account and go to http://lbp.me/v/xfwq8b (it's a shortened URL to my level) click the green Add to Queue button and the next time you play LBP2 if you enter the Community Levels section it will now be added to your queue for you to play. :D
  • Its added I will check it out later. I am a big fan of both MI and LBP.
  • Awesome. Let me know what you think!

Also, I'm free all weekend so after I'm done posting this post I'm hopping on to LBP2 and getting back to work on more levels. Consider the currently published level more of a teaser than anything. ;)
  • I don't have LBP2 nor do I intend getting it (since I didn't really enjoy the first one much, I hated the floaty controls). Any chance we'll see a video of it somewhere at some point?
  • StarEye;447412 said:
    I don't have LBP2 nor do I intend getting it (since I didn't really enjoy the first one much, I hated the floaty controls). Any chance we'll see a video of it somewhere at some point?
    Fortunately with LBP2 you can change the gravity in your own levels which can be used to alleviate the floaty feeling. (I find a gravity setting of 142% to be the sweet spot)

As for a video, unless I do something with an external camera I'm not sure. If someone that can record video from their PS3 wants to upload a video for me, that'd be great.
  • I'd be sure to get this, if I get Little Big Planet 2

Or a PS3.
  • I was quite conflicted for quite a long while as I continued to work on this because I had to determine what would actually be the most enjoyable experience for players; a Secret of Monkey Island film to sit back and watch or a puzzle/platformer that would stay very faithful to SoMI.

I'll let you know what I decided upon later. In the meantime, enjoy this teaser shot from what I'm currently working on.

• At times like this I wish I had a PS3.
Add Comment