User Avatar Image

Sam & Max 2 for Wii

posted by Sidni7 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Why is this game so hard to track down in the UK? I really want it for the Wii, but can only find it second-hand at crazy prices, it seems to be so rare. Why aren't TellTale selling it in their online store? I don't get it! :confused:
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm not sure how big a run the Wii version got, but I do know it wasn't marketed very well, so I'm not surprised it's kind of hard to find.

The Wii version isn't a very good port anyway, though. How good is your computer? It'd probably be better if you just got it off the Telltale Store (or Steam, if that's more your thing).
  • Thanks for the reply, RAnthonyMahan. My computer is up to the job - I got episode 203 Night of the Raving Dead for the pc and enjoyed it. I'd just like to play it on the Wii. Its such a shame. The Wii is crying out for point & click adventures and when a good 'un comes along, you can't get hold of it. I think TellTale should make more effort to promote their stuff, or at least sell the game through their store. It makes no sense to me that they'd go to the trouble of porting it then make it impossible to buy.
  • Well, if you want to play the Wii version of Season 2, they actually have copies of the game at Amazon.com for dirt cheap. I would further invest in the versions for the computer, but if you want to play Season 2 on the Wii, you can. ^^ I played Season 1 on the Wii, and while I did think it was outdated for the Wii System, the point and click controls were nicely done. Besides that, there's not much improvement in it though.
  • I actually thought the Wii version of the game was very easy to use. Gave the real point and click feel.
  • Sonekana;448941 said:
    Well, if you want to play the Wii version of Season 2, they actually have copies of the game at Amazon.com for dirt cheap. I would further invest in the versions for the computer, but if you want to play Season 2 on the Wii, you can. ^^ I played Season 1 on the Wii, and while I did think it was outdated for the Wii System, the point and click controls were nicely done. Besides that, there's not much improvement in it though.
    OP is in the UK, so he'd have to get the PAL version from Amazon.co.uk instead, which is much more expensive than its NTSC counterpart. :(
  • SHODANFreeman;449097 said:
    OP is in the UK, so he'd have to get the PAL version from Amazon.co.uk instead, which is much more expensive than its NTSC counterpart. :(
    Yes, and I really wanted to support TellTale Games by purchasing it new. Maybe I'll hang on a while.
  • SHODANFreeman;449097 said:
    That reminds me of the time I went to Plaisio to buy season 2 for the Wii, it has had both the PC Atari version and the Wii Atari version, but guess what? The PC version cost 10 Euros and the Wii version 35 Euros, So I bought the PC version instead.
  • mightypiratem, I always thought it was just us in the UK who get ripped off!
  • Sidni7;449110 said:
    Yes, and I really wanted to support TellTale Games by purchasing it new. Maybe I'll hang on a while.
    Amazon sells new copies. :)
  • Wow! I can't believe it - I've been checking Amazon every day and it just popped up this afternoon. Thanks for the tip-off, SHODANFreeman. I've ordered it quick before it disappears again. I'm a happy adventurer now! :guybrush:
Add Comment