40 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Borders UK went bust in 2009, I didn't realise it was still trading in the US...
  • *insert 'son, I am disappoint' pic*

    Borders is a great store, I hate to see it come to this. There's no way I'm going all the way out to Barnes & Nobles either... guess it's Amazon or bust now...
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I LOVE going to borders... browsing real books is an experience that amazon.com cannot duplicat.
  • My parents used to work at HQ, my stepmom quit, my dad was laid off.

    They've been screwing up for years (only need two people in the Sysamin group, really?)
    People who used to work there have been expecting this.
  • This is saddening because Barnes and Nobles is so cramped and blargh ever since they decided 1/6 of their stores' floor space need to be exclusive to the Nook. Borders has always been a great store because I never got that cramped feeling, plus there isn't green everywhere.

    I did just buy 100 dollars of things at a Barnes and Noble today, so I am a massive hypocrit.
  • Bankruptcy does not mean they are going away. Companies use it these days to restructure debt or some such nonsense.
  • BLAAAARG! Please tell me my local Borders isn't among the ones closing. Please oh please tell me my local Borders isn't among the ones closing. :(
  • lombre;450489 said:
    BLAAAARG! Please tell me my local Borders isn't among the ones closing. Please oh please tell me my local Borders isn't among the ones closing. :(
    This goes for me too, even more so because my sister works there.
  • JuntMonkey;450485 said:
    Bankruptcy does not mean they are going away. Companies use it these days to restructure debt or some such nonsense.
    No, but (at least in this case), it does mean mass closings, and Borders isn't exactly as prevalent as Starbucks.
  • Ribs;450478 said:
    This is saddening because Barnes and Nobles is so cramped and blargh ever since they decided 1/6 of their stores' floor space need to be exclusive to the Nook.
    Wait, really? My B&N stores are massive, multi-level stores with one small booth dedicated to the Nook. It's a prominently-placed booth(usually at the front of the store), but I think it takes up about as much space as the board games they sell for some reason.
Add Comment