User Avatar Image

No New Monkey Island Games?

posted by Voodoomaster on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, disappointed that there will not be new Monkey Island Games in the next two years.

TTG, if you wanted to do a game without being sure to be able to make a sequel, you should'nt end it with an open ending.

After i finished playing Back to The Future I seriously doubt I'll be back here soon :mad:
69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • we don't really need a sequel
    Ehm...helloo??? Open ending? Do you know what's an "Open ending"? It's something made for a game that NEEDS A SEQUEL!!!
  • Voodoomaster;453776 said:
    Ehm...helloo??? Open ending? Do you know what's an "Open ending"? It's something made for a game that NEEDS A SEQUEL!!!
    We have a general explanation for most everything that happened in the story. It doesn't feel incomplete or empty. It didn't end on a sour note like EMI.

The idea that more things happen in the universe and not all loose ends are tied up is acceptable.
  • PariahKing;453770 said:
    we don't really need a sequel
    speak for yourself and let other people to decide what they need and what they don't :D
  • The idea that more things happen in the universe and not all loose ends are tied up is acceptable.
    Acceptable if we can have a sequel
  • Monkey Island doesn't need to become the Call of Duty of adventure games.

If there's a good game to be made, go for it. Otherwise make something new - forcing it is pointless.
  • Voodoomaster;453787 said:
    Acceptable if we can have a sequel
    let's take BTTF movie as an example: we can accept te episode 3 ending, altough it's may look still open (in fact TT games can start from there) but we would never have accepted if it would have all been finished with episode 2

TOMI' ending does't feel like third BTTF movie, but more like the second one
  • I think there are plenty of good stories left to explore so I do not think it would be forced.... I am also confident in the team at TTG NOW.... why wait for them all to leave or work for other companies.
  • PariahKing;453796 said:
    Monkey Island doesn't need to become the Call of Duty of adventure games.
  • I have a different opinion than you, so I'm stupid.

Glad to understand that's how it goes.
  • PariahKing;453806 said:
    I have a different opinion than you, so I'm stupid.

Glad to understand that's how it goes.
    never heard about irony?

seriously, I mean no offence

but I can't figure out how TOMI and COD could be named toghether in the same statement

that's no reason to think that MI is destined to be a series of games all equal to each other
Add Comment