User Avatar Image

Puzzle Agent 2!

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 5.7K users

What!

There's not a lot to say yet, but Puzzle Agent 2 is happening! Read little else about it at the Puzzle Agent 2 site.

Watch the teaser trailer!

This article at CBR has some more info as well.

An excerpt:
"I'm just over the top, thrilled that I'm here getting ready to do the next game for 'Puzzle Agent.' I did not anticipate that initially. I just knew that I wanted to make a game that I, myself, would want to play."

Annable told CBR that, while many details of "Puzzle Agent 2" are still being worked out, he expects the gameplay mechanics to be similar to the original -- but better. "The first time out was the first time out for all of us, and there was definitely a lot of chatter on the forums about some of the puzzles not being where people wanted them to be," Annable said, laughing. "So we're very well aware of that. But storywise, we mapped out a whole entire story arc that went way beyond the first game -- we thought maybe, possibly we'd do more. We certainly hoped we would -- so now we're getting a chance to play the rest of the story out and that's more my focus, but technically there's a whole team of guys shoring up whatever we think we can improve upon."
91 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm a huge gamer, and I write about games for a living... Yet one of the VERY few games-related things that my fiancee has ever asked (and she's asked it over and over and over) is: "When are they going to make another Puzzle Agent?"

So this news has made us both very, very happy :) I'm pretty stoked.
  • I planning on digging into the first game soon, so I don't know how it ends or anything yet, but I'm a bit dissapointed that the gnomes are back (according to the trailer). I was hoping for an entirely new concept. Of course, there's probably some meat still left on that plotline, so who knows...
  • I like that shot of Nelson and his shadow. :) If the designers and story writers think this works better as a second game rather than an episodic series, that works for me just as well.
  • Glad to hear it, Jake. I'm fine with some loose ends, but I think the original Puzzle Agent had too many to not warrant a sequel. Although it's a bit of a shame that there isn't going to be a fully fledged season, I'm glad the story will be wrapped up to some extent. Is it the same team working on the sequel as the first game?
  • Yes, yes....YES. This is going to be great, also Nelson looks great in that post.
  • I was hoping for a season, but this is definitely welcome. :)
  • I'm actually surprised that the Scoggins story is being finished, instead of being left mysterious forever like Twin Peaks. Also, I'm anxious about the 'space dreams' subplot. I was hoping that it would be explored and resolved over the course of a full season. Hopefully, if it gets resolved in this game, it's done satisfyingly.
  • BiggerJ;453845 said:
    I'm actually surprised that the Scoggins story is being finished, instead of being left mysterious forever like Twin Peaks. Also, I'm anxious about the 'space dreams' subplot. I was hoping that it would be explored and resolved over the course of a full season. Hopefully, if it gets resolved in this game, it's done satisfyingly.
    Nobody said it would have a conclusive ending.... It may just yet end weird and crazy.
  • WHY NO EPISODIC?????

Don't worry I'm still buying it, I'm just curious.
  • Can we at least have 50+ puzzles this time like we were promised last time? :p
Add Comment