User Avatar Image

Where in the timeline?

posted by MisterKerr on - last edited - Viewed by 900 users
Where in the timeline of King's Quest do you think this reboot will/should happen? For me it wouldn't be a KQ game if they started the entire franchise over, where Graham wasn't even king yet, and there was no royal family, etc. A game set, say, between KQIV and KQV, where the royal family was reunited but before Alexander or Rosella went off to rule other kingdoms, would probably be the best place to insert a new game.
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Personally, I'd love to see a totally alternate timeline, where we begin the whole series over again as Sir Graham on a quest to become king.

The old timeline holds such a place in so many fans' hearts, I really wouldn't want Telltale to touch it, not even for a sequel. Start a new timeline with the same characters, or make totally standalone stories using the current Royal Family.

Please don't try to shoehorn a sequel onto a timeline that never needed one in the first place. That was TSL's mistake.
  • They did say it was a reboot so it may not exist in the current King's Quest timeline. Though it may not be a full reboot so maybe it's in there somewhere. I guess we won't know until they release some more information.
  • It might be interesting to do a sequel where it's a new character charged with doing certain quests for the king or royal family, like Grahams role in KQ1.
  • I have no desire to play anyone's story other than Graham's I suppose I would play as one of the kids.
  • If there's one thing MOE proved it's that people don't want to play as anyone but a member of the Royal Family in a King's Quest game.
  • I want to play as Graham the most, but at this point in the storyline, the guy is getting pretty darn old.
  • MusicallyInspired;457181 said:
    If there's one thing MOE proved it's that people don't want to play as anyone but a member of the Royal Family in a King's Quest game.
    I liked playing as the main character in that one, too. I am not that purist about it. :)

Besides, it gave a different perspective on Daventry and the KQ world that I appreciated.
  • Good for you. I'm just saying that's what the popular opinion is. Myself, I didn't mind it actually. I liked MOE. But I DEFINITELY would rather play as Graham on this reboot. He's so iconic. Someone said elsewhere that he's the Harrison Ford of adventure gaming. He's ageless, always buff, and always ready for adventure.
  • MusicallyInspired;457199 said:
    Good for you. I'm just saying that's what the popular opinion is. Myself, I didn't mind it actually. I liked MOE. But I DEFINITELY would rather play as Graham on this reboot. He's so iconic. Someone said elsewhere that he's the Harrison Ford of adventure gaming. He's ageless, always buff, and always ready for adventure.
    And he has to have the cap with a feather in it, that's as much a part of his character as Indy's fedora.
Add Comment