User Avatar Image

Sierra Discussion

posted by joek86 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users
Even as a Kings Quest fan, my first reaction to this was, "I hope this means tell tale will eventually get to do a Leisure Suit Larry game!" Was I alone in this? I think the humor in tell tale's games (especially the sam & max series) would fit in well with LLL. Any other Sierra games that should get this treatment?
177 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Even though its not tell tale's usual genre, it would be interesting to see them take a stab at making a Phantasmagoria game. I loved the first one, but the second one was bad. At least with a series like that it might be easier since they don't have twenty years of continuity to deal with like other sierra titles.
  • An FMV Phantasmagoria instalment from Telltale complete with episodic cliffhangers. I would buy it. :)
  • joek86;455322 said:
    I loved the first one, but the second one was bad.
    They are both quite different and I liked them both at least I liked the second one up to a certain point where the puzzles really got unintuitive. (if you played the game you might know what I am referring to)
    There is a great Let's Play by The Spoony One for this game on his website. --> start at the bottom with hour 1 of course!

Both games start quite slowly but I like the feel of the second game a lot more. The horror starts out more subtle and half of the game you just wonder if Curtis is nuts of if what he sees is real.

The first game was clearly fantasy from the first second at least I had the impression because of the talking skull on the bottom of the screen.

I would actually like to see a horror themed game by Telltale. That could be quite interesting.

Also Telltale please make LSL 4.
  • der_ketzer;455377 said:
    The first game was clearly fantasy from the first second at least I had the impression because of the talking skull on the bottom of the screen.
    Murray? :p

Similarly portentous, too.
  • Definatly want Quest for Glory and Space Quest. On a side note, has anyone noticed that the KQ forums have more threads than the three other new game forums combined?
  • galbyman;455387 said:
    Definatly want Quest for Glory and Space Quest. On a side note, has anyone noticed that the KQ forums have more threads than the three other new game forums combined?
    I wouldn't have expected anything else tbh. Never heard of the other licenses.
  • Beyond King's Quest, I'd most like to see a new Space Quest game. Hey, maybe if KQ does well enough, a new SQ is a possibility :).
  • I agree with everyone who has said they need Scott Murphy for that!
  • Secret Fawful;455031 said:
    Phantasmagoria(I'd just like to see them try)
    joek86;455322 said:
    Even though its not tell tale's usual genre, it would be interesting to see them take a stab at making a Phantasmagoria game.
    Simo Sakari Aaltonen;455338 said:
    An FMV Phantasmagoria instalment from Telltale complete with episodic cliffhangers. I would buy it. :)
    NO.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new Police Quest games or even Leisure Suit Larry (but only if you get Al Lowe involved!).
  • PimPamPet;455825 said:
    NO.
    Care to elaborate on the why of that "No"?
Add Comment