User Avatar Image

So who's the protagonist?

posted by Eff One on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
Ian Malcom? Alan Grant? That girl in the teaser?
23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, from what I've read you the game switches between characters. Ian, and Grant won't be playable characters though.
  • I'm guessing a lot of people.
  • waroftheworlds01;455882 said:
    Well, from what I've read you the game switches between characters. Ian, and Grant won't be playable characters though.
    Really? Since they are pivotal characters in the franchise, not to mention the main protagonists in the films I find that extremely odd...
  • Well we already know their story, it focuses on the other survivors who were trapped on the island when the storm hit.
  • Yeah, like Icedhope said, the story is about other survivors on the island. I'm going to guess that the game takes place right after Nedry is killed. At that point Alan Grant and the kids are in the Jungle while Mr. Hammond and the others are at the Visitor Center. They are mentioned but you won't be coming in contact with them. However, you will be entering areas that they were in. I think it was in the GI article where they said you'll show up after main events in the movie. Like we'll probably see the area where the T-Rex attacked the cars but it'll be after the event.
  • I believe the protagonist will be Dr. Gerry Harding, Jurassic Park's resident veterinarian, but you will get play as multiple characters.
  • Maybe character SELECTION, like in Maniac Mansion?

Nah, that would require actual effort.
  • Who cares if you can't move the charater ?
    Just kidding :D
  • Vlastan;456111 said:
    Who cares if you can't move the charater ?
    Just kidding :D
    I wish you were...
  • Spadge;456154 said:
    I wish you were...
    Okay, during the commentary from the game designers, they said that the main protagonist is obviously Dr. Harding and then at certain points (as you can see in the gameplay when u play the chick in the car), you will switch between Harding and other protagonists like his daughter but they said they would like you to play as many protagonists as possible... sound GREAT! Just wish people would stop complaining because sure there is always stuff to be fixed, but Telltale is doing a great job and any true Jurassic Park or Telltale fan will see that... besides, if this series is successful, series 2 will be even more developed!
    "Creation is an act of sheer will, and next time, it'll be flawless!" :D
    -John Parker Hammond, Creator of Jurassic Park
Add Comment