User Avatar Image

Who else loves the game but hates the map puzzles

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 790 users
I love this game but I get burned out on all the map puzzles. Gets better every time I play it even though I stop when I get to those map puzzles at the beginning...:p
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Krohn;440702 said:
    I voted for hate them..but I actually only mean the one in the first episode of tales.
    Not because it would have been difficult to do..but just because it was annoying.
    I agree they annoy the piss out of me...I already figured them out the first time I played Tales. They just aren't that fun. I like puzzles, just not map puzzles usually...
  • map puzzles are boring leftovers from text adventures and should be banished forever.
  • Winslow's first reaction when hearing about the Map hate here on the boards.

• Hayden;440551 said:
    That's quite true, actually. I'd almost completely forgotten about that puzzle. I actually quite liked that one because "it takes time to figure out, but is reasonably fast to execute" :).
    Uhhh refresh me on that puzzle, I dont remember it.
  • [QUOTE=Irishmile;441715]Winslow's first reaction when hearing about the Map hate here on the boards.

image[/QUO
    Eh! TU!
    dipstick!
    :rolleyes::D
  • Gman5852;441719 said:
    Uhhh refresh me on that puzzle, I dont remember it.
    You're in the theater, upstairs controlling the lights. And you have to use the directions taken from the Sea Cucumber to find out what order to press the buttons in. Once you've pressed the buttons in the correct order, the lights will focus in on the area of the stage where Elaine is buried.
  • Winslow, I'm sorry. Let me speak to Winslow

Dear Winslow, I like maps, I just don't like it when they puzzle me, then the attention is off the craft and beauty of the map, and the focus is shifted inwards towards my own personal inner demons and struggles...
  • You know why map puzzles are so difficult and tedious? It's because we don't have someone there to point out the solution.
  • *sigh* I guess, we all need a Winslow in our lives sometimes.
  • I would have replayed this on several occasions by now. but those map puzzles...
Add Comment