User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2 Speculation and Suggestion Thread

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 34.9K users
When's that scheduled for then? :D
564 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You could make a "Save Monkey Island" Facebook page or something.
  • I think the final date should be postponed to maybe May 1st. This would give us more time to get the word out to other sites and hence amass a larger collection of people.

I also think that it would be best to present peoples posts as a collection of letters (as opposed to forum posts in their original form). Trust me, the more professional the effort, the better the response will be. At the one end of the spectrum you might have someone saying "Woot! OMFG!! MI RULZ MAKE MORE BRUV!" (which will get chucked straight in the bin - heck, even I would bin that trash) and at the other end is a hand written letter from each of us (which isn't realistic in this case but we should at least aim towards that end of the spectrum).
  • So, what you're saying is, everyone send letters to me, I put them in one big envelope and send them to LA?
  • Silverwolfpet;459820 said:
    So, what you're saying is, everyone send letters to me, I put them in one big envelope and send them to LA?
    No no, not at all. As I said that's unrealistic. What I mean is that we shouldn't present the posts in their original forum form (with the boarder and avatars) but instead format them to at least appear as typed letters (including correcting any spelling and grammar errors).
  • Well, I'm from southern Europe so I doubt I'll be sending a hand-written letter to LA...
  • seson3churious;459950 said:
    Well, I'm from southern Europe so I doubt I'll be sending a hand-written letter to LA...
    Yeah, that's the point I'm making though. It would be unrealistic. Maybe reread my post.
  • Dear LucasArts,
    please have a new Monkey Island game made by TellTale, pretty pretty please with sugar on top.
  • Or we'll dropkick you into the lava :rolleyes:
  • Dear Lucasarts.
    I want you to look at this at a financial standpoint.
    Tales clearly earned you a nice chunk of cash, and how much work did you have to do? Get the voice actors around? That was it.
    You can easily do that. Then guess what? Telltale works there magic and you earn more $$$. Now how does that sound because to me that sounds like a great deal.
  • Okay guys, last call before I start making the document. Good job so far :)
Add Comment