User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 75.9K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ^ I would love to go to such a convention some time. It's just finding the time. And the money, to do so :( Did you take any photo's? ^

Anyway: Oh god! They've anounced a doctor who MMO...
  • Friar;458331 said:
    ^ I would love to go to such a convention some time. It's just finding the time. And the money, to do so :( Did you take any photo's? ^

Anyway: Oh god! They've anounced a doctor who MMO...
    I can't wait to see every player wearing a scarf, bow tie, stalk of celery, and wielding a question mark shaped umbrella.
  • Ribs;458346 said:
    I can't wait to see every player wearing a scarf, bow tie, stalk of celery, and wielding a question mark shaped umbrella.
    Not to mention remarking how every object they come across is cool.

Which reminds me, the latest issue of the Doctor Who adventures magazine comes with a free Fez. I'm going to pick one up on Monday!
  • So I had the pleasent surprise of learning the Series 6 premiere is allegedly just over a month away (I'm probably behind on the date). The date I've heard is April 2nd, and I also heard that the gap will be ~3 months long. Therein, we should see the show return in Augusttime. I certainly hope this remains the standard, as it means less months without Doctor Who each year.
  • Hey, that's the day I'm visiting the doctor who experience!
    I've heard a few dates chucked around. The most recent one being 26th of April. They'll probably coincide it with easter, like they did last year (and for one of the specials the year before that).

Also, 3 months isn't too bad to wait, I just hope the cliffhanger is awesome!

Oh, Qwertee are offering a cool shirt (for today/tomorrow only). And there's a new bus tour starting in Cardiff next month, which goes round all the doctor who locations! Who needs the star tours in holywood?
  • Friar;460584 said:
    Hey, that's the day I'm visiting the doctor who experience!
    I've heard a few dates chucked around. The most recent one being 26th of April. They'll probably coincide it with easter, like they did last year (and for one of the specials the year before that).

Also, 3 months isn't too bad to wait, I just hope the cliffhanger is awesome!

Oh, Qwertee are offering a cool shirt (for today/tomorrow only). And there's a new bus tour starting in Cardiff next month, which goes round all the doctor who locations! Who needs the star tours in holywood?
    Well, I could have sworn Doctor Who was always on Saturdays, which makes the 26th null and void.
  • Doctor Who IS always on a Saturday. Christmas/New Years episodes are the only exceptions, for obvious reasons.

Anyway. Ernie Hudson from Ghostbusters is gonna be in the new series of Torchwood. Yay! (Spellcheck didn't like half the words in that sentence. Just thought you should know.)
  • EDIT: Double-post. Never mind. Sorry!
  • Well the next doctor who episode is actually airing on the 18th of march (Red nose day).

Actually, there are two episodes that have been made, each at 4 minutes each, and entitled "Time" and "Space"

shh Spoilers...
  • Friar;461737 said:
    Well the next doctor who episode is actually airing on the 18th of march (Red nose day).

Actually, there are two episodes that have been made, each at 4 minutes each, and entitled "Time" and "Space"

shh Spoilers...

Hot.
Add Comment