User Avatar Image

Great Idea for Episodic game.

posted by monkeybrush threepisland on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
Hey guys! I think I have great idea for adventure game

imageimage

Game based on short mystery books, popular in USA in 60's called "Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators." Each book tells us about mystery that solved buy three guys - Jupiter Jones, Pete Crenshaw and Bob Andrews.
The three boys who call themselves The Three Investigators are Bob Andrews, Pete Crenshaw, and Jupiter Jones, all of whom live in
Rocky Beach, a small city on be shore of the Pacific Ocean some miles from
Hollywood. They solving mysteris and crimes, riding and then tell them to Alfred Hitchcock, every book started with this. They have Headquarters. Is an old thirty-foot home trailer which they have equipped
with an office, a photographic darkroom and a tiny laboratory, and hidden from public view behind towering piles of ordinary junk so that it must be entered through certain secret passages which they have constructed.

Why this game should be made by TellTalegames?

Genre of Three Investigators is adventure-detective. I think by creating Sam and Max series you guys gained experience.

Game mechanic that based on special abilitis of each character like in Maniac Mansion:
Jupiter is intelligent, stocky and has a remarkable memory and deductive skills.
Pete is an athletic youth who dislikes dangerous situations, but is nonetheless reliable as the "action member" of the team.
Bob Andrews, who is small but wiry, is something of a scholarly type, although
with an adventurous spirit.

Story of Three Investigators have same style that TV Show series "Alfred Hitchcock Presents". Maybe I wrong but - new season of S&M hase exactly same style.
57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Marsbergen;461323 said:
    What does it mean to create a human from a monkey?

Evolution?
  • So the Beverly Hillbillies can't be an adventure game because evolution just isn't possible?
  • Scnew;461063 said:
    I could just as easily claim that The Beverly Hillbillies or I Dream of Jeannie are great ideas for adventure games. And actually, they might both turn out to be pretty decent games. But would they sell to the general public? I doubt it.
    It looks like there was a Beverly Hillbillies Adventure Game.

• Well, I'm not going to keep arguing about it because I don't believe you understand what I'm saying entirely and I certainly don't get what your last post was trying to get across. So... yeah. Sure. They should totally make a Three Investigators game. I bet it will definitely happen.
  • I'm with Scnew. Three Investigators sounds awesome!!!! (four!)

Can't wait for the first season Telltale. I expect it in Summer 2012.
  • Marsbergen;461339 said:
    So the Beverly Hillbillies can't be an adventure game because evolution just isn't possible?
    Becouse evolution is only theory! In theory you can create adventure game from Beverly Hillbillies bu this is wrong material. T3 is great material and will be stupid dont use it for adventure game.
  • Have you ever noticed that people are more into making stupid things?
  • I too am now completely converted by monkeybrush's well-thought arguments. I firmly believe there should be not only a "Three investigators" adventure game, but also a TV-series, a 200-page comic book by Frank Miller, a statue of the main characters built in downtown Detroit and an official lunch box.
  • monkeybrush threepisland;462590 said:
    Becouse evolution is only theory! In theory you can create adventure game from Beverly Hillbillies bu this is wrong material. T3 is great material and will be stupid dont use it for adventure game.
    It's wrong material because you say it is. But I (yes, that's in bold) say it's the right material. What now?
  • marsbergen;462805 said:
    it's wrong material because you say it is. But i (yes, that's in bold) say it's the right material. What now?

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!
Add Comment