User Avatar Image

Anticipation/Doubt

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users
This thread mostly exists for the poll, that is, I want to sort of gauge general opinion, given the lack of information we have.

How do you feel about the upcoming King's Quest game?

-----
Excited: I'm extremely excited, and I'm certain that Telltale will make something that at the very least borders on perfection. I love that Telltale has the franchise, and I can't wait to see what they have in store!

Cautiously Optimistic: I'm not really sure they'll do a good job, but I expect them to.

Unsure: I'm really mixed on the whole thing or have no real opinion yet.

Pessimistic: I don't really expect them to do a good job, and need convincing.

Upset: Angry or otherwise unhappy that Telltale got the license. I'm almost certain that Telltale can't or doesn't want to deliver something that meets or exceeds my expectations for a King's Quest game. I do not like the idea of this at all.
-----

I'm on the "Upset" category, and if anyone thinks my wording or the poll are in any way unfair or biased, please let me know. I tried to balance it out as well as I could, without directly insulting any responses. I understand that I'm probably an outlier, and the majority of people probably exist somewhere in the middle three options. "Upset" and "Excited" don't necessarily mean you CAN'T be convinced otherwise(though this may be the case), but that you at least are going to need some heavy persuasion to the contrary.
132 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have Pessimism.

The more I think about it, the less I'm sure that they can do it justice.
    The reasons are many, obvious and have been well-discussed elsewhere already.
  • I'm Unsure. Until I see screenshots or gameplay videos I have no true opinion.
  • I voted excited :). That is my default stance, until I see something to convince me otherwise.
  • I'm excited... part of me is worried... but I hope I will end up liking it.
  • Unsure. Im mostly pessimistic but hoping they notice this wave of untrust and react in consequence, delivering something decent.
    Im quite positive that Telltale already realize this, but im unsure if they can deliver it or not. The jump from "no challenge" of their actual games to the mother of all hardcore adventures could be too much for them.

I will wait and see.
  • In my first glance at the name of the thread, I thought that poll would highly interest Rather Dashing. Then I realized the poll was created by himself. Such a twist, man.

I'm unsure. They took LucasArts titles to the next level, true, but I am always skeptical about a take on Sierra classic by Telltale. And, well, it's true they're lowering the standarts of a Telltale game with BTTF so far. That surely doesn't help me get optimistic about any of the future releases.
  • Falanca;463111 said:

They took LucasArts titles to the next level
    I'd have to disagree with this. No Telltale game has approached the depth of a Lucasarts game. TOMI was as close as they've come. :)
  • Between Excited and Cautiously Optimistic! But had to choose the latter since I am not totally sure Telltale will make the right choices. They can do it, for sure, if only there are enough true lovers of King's Quest and Sierra working on the project! :)
  • lovers of King's Quest and Sierra working on the project! :)
    Lovers of King's Quest and "people who should be allowed to work on a new King's Quest game" are not necessarily one and the same. ;)
  • A lover of King's Quest who feels like they still have to "play for the home team" and make their title "accessible to a wide range of players" by compromising it and dumbing the title down and providing a stale and indistinct experience and a person who should be allowed to work on a new King's Quest game are not necessarily on eand the same. ;)
Add Comment