User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 53.6K users
basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore
3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Which game is harder?

Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts or Battletoads in Battlemaniacs?

Of course the whole cycle part in Battletoads makes many a grown man cry in despair, but lets not forget that in SGNG you have the most awkward jumping mechanism, respawning enemies, and you have to play through the whole game twice.

One thing is for certain, my childhood was pretty cruel.

(I have been playing Battletoads earlier....)

EDIT: Cross-over anyone? >: D
  • I've heard horrendous things about Battletoads, but between the two I've only played a bit of Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts (it being one of the two games I got with my SNES a year or so ago, still the only two games I have), and it was a bitch.
  • Today, I decided I should finish Animal Crossing: Wild World by fully upgrading my house and paying off my debt. One of the characters commented on having not seen me for 12 months, and I think I spent at least a good hour picking weeds. Riveting stuff.
  • So, Mortal Kombat...is making me nostalgia....when I get it...I'm just going to challenge..everybody i see.
  • ARE YOU LOOKlNG FOR A CHALLENGE?!

• GuruGuru214;462850 said:
    my recent Ben Drowned binge, I think I'd better leave those two for much later.
    I just saw that today man!
    That scared the crap out of me.

I swear to children that this story could make a great book, you know if they take out all references to the game(for copyright). I would so buy it as a decent horror mystery.
    A college student is trapped in his room with just the game and goes through this game all glitched up to figure out what happened to Ben.
    Then play the song of healing for him(ok one reference to the game).
    Either way there are 3 parts, and I am so not watching part 3, Ben Drowned scared the crap out of me.

And on topic, I am playing Pokemon White. This game makes a lot of changes to the series for the good, one of which being TMs can be used over and over again.
  • guruguru214;463195 said:
    are you looklng for a challenge?!

bring it!
  • So now I remember why I gave up on Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. I got to the last chapter (which I think means three levels in this game) and suddenly quit. It's because the level is extremely dark and the enemies are pitch black but for their glowing red eyes, and they're ridiculously overpowered. I don't know how the hell my dad finished it, but I'm half tempted to disqualify it on my completion checklist. It's not like I didn't see the ending or something. I even have a completed save file for it on my memory card.

One of the criteria I allow myself to disqualify games based on is if it was given to me as a gift and I didn't want it. On this basis, I've also disqualified the NES games Wall Street Kid and Friday the 13th, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES, Tecmo Super NBA Basketball on the Genesis, all three of my 32X games, and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith.

I could also disqualify it under the criteria of it being my dad's game. On that basis, I've disqualified The Hunt for Red October and Silent Service for the NES, 688 Attack Sub, Mario Andretti Racing, and World Series Baseball for the Genesis, and three Call of Duty games and Cabela's Big Game Hunter for the GameCube and Wii.

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter was one of the two games my dad gave me for Christmas the year my parents got me a GameCube, the other being Super Mario Sunshine, and it was chosen because he was interested in it, so it falls under both criteria. The reason it's not disqualified outright is because I'm not sure whether or not I want to play it anyway, like I have with several other games that fit the DQ criteria, like Megaman X: Command Mission, which was given to me as a joke gift but I'm willing to play anyway.
  • Icedhope;463202 said:
    bring it!
    Bring what? What do you want me to bring you? Dozens of flowers?
  • Secret Fawful;463207 said:
    Bring what? What do you want me to bring you? Dozens of flowers?
    Yes, that would be nice, thank you.
Add Comment