User Avatar Image

Will Telltale count "The Silver Lining" as part of the continuity?

posted by Victory63 on - last edited - Viewed by 951 users
Just curious, will Telltale count the fan game "The Silver Lining" as part of the continuity as Activision eventually allowed it to be released even though at first they issued a cease-and-desist?
37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "Will Telltale count "The Silver Lining" as part of the continuity?"

No. Because The Silver Lining is a fan made game, not an official King's Quest game.
  • Marquillin;455881 said:
    There are wild cards here; the Lead designer of TSL used to work for TTG, and who knows the exact nature of what they've worked out with Activision, maybe there's more room for discourse here then usual. The best to hope, I figure, is if they agree not to tread on the others toes; say not tell a story about the Black Cloaks per say, or dramatically rewrite KQ Canon.
    Cesar worked for Activision too.
  • TSL is cool. The 3rd episode came out a few days ago, and is way longer than the previous 2 combined. As far as TellTale and the reboot, I'm curious to see what they do. I don't think it has to follow TSL's plot (I'm not opposed, but any new KQ is good for me). Kind of like the original Batman with Micheal Keaton vs. The new one. Both good in their own ways. But I would highly suggest anyone who has only played first 2 episodes of TSL try the 3rd. Very full.

Can anyone tell me anything more about the reboot?
  • I don't see why TTG should take ANY of the fangames into account. And as I've understood this is more of a reboot, they can do their own thing.
  • Cez;456021 said:
    sorry, I hadn't posted here since my days at Telltale. I didn't notice all that until I actually made the post.
    You worked for TellTale? I'm really surprised by this. I thought TSL was all you were involved with.
  • coasternd;457224 said:
    You worked for TellTale? I'm really surprised by this. I thought TSL was all you were involved with.
    I have no idea what role he had, but I know I saw his name in the credits for ToMI.
  • I agree with you guys. TSL is a great game, especially for a fan-made project, but has its own atmosphere created by the minds of Cez, Katie and their team. Aside from perhaps a reference to the game in the form of an Easter Egg or something, it would IMO also be the best for Telltale to follow their own ideas. Though I wouldn't mind creative consulting from Sierra alumni who were involved with the KQ series.
  • I believe Cesar was an Assistant Producer.
  • MusicallyInspired;457586 said:
    I believe Cesar was an Assistant Producer.
    Yup. He also worked on the manual.
  • User Avatar Image
    Cez
    working on the manual was actually really fun. I ended up hating Nintendo's system for it, but it was fun after all.
Add Comment