User Avatar Image

"Alexander pulls out his magic map..." (Quotes thread)

posted by thesporkman on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users
"Alexander pulls out his magic map..."

I think it's about time the King's Quest board had a memorable/favorite quotes thread.
48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • one question: If the voice acting in KQ5 was so horrible as everyone seems to state why are there so many great KQ5-quotes in this thread? (I have given the answer to myself in the KQ6 overrated thread already but I just want to know what you think)
  • Well, yes, they are memorable once you manage to understand the voices, but there were also many silly lines in there which people remember, such as the quote I posted before and highly recommend you to watch.
  • Sarendor;465132 said:
    Well, yes, they are memorable once you manage to understand the voices, but there were also many silly lines in there which people remember, such as the quote I posted before and highly recommend you to watch.
    by the way:

if you add
    #t=4m35s
    to your link....

this happens.
  • Thanks! Updated it.
  • Lamp peddler in KQ6-"Old lamps for new! Old lamps....for new."

My dad still quotes that line mainly because I played KQ6 so much. lol

Another favorite is the riddle given by the underworld gate in KQ6

"My first is foremost legally, my second circles outwardly, my third leads all in victory, my fourth twice ends a nominee, my whole is this gate's only key."

Narrator after Alexander gets put in the cage on the isle of the mist with enchanted lamp-"Something's really percolating!"
  • der_ketzer;464949 said:
    If the voice acting in KQ5 was so horrible as everyone seems to state why are there so many great KQ5-quotes in this thread?
    Because dialogue writing and voice acting are two completely different things, perhaps?

Anyway, I have many, many quotes from the series I love dearly, but the two I quote more than any are KQ4's "The skeleton of an unfortunate man (Let's call him James)...", and of course, KQ6's "Ye Gads! Is that cold!"
  • der_ketzer;464949 said:
    one question: If the voice acting in KQ5 was so horrible as everyone seems to state why are there so many great KQ5-quotes in this thread? (I have given the answer to myself in the KQ6 overrated thread already but I just want to know what you think)
    It's fun in a campy way. Cedric's voice actor is terrible, but it's just so ridiculous that it's hilarious in retrospect. Same with Graham, etc.
  • JuntMonkey;466019 said:
    Cedric's voice actor is terrible, but it's just so ridiculous that it's hilarious in retrospect.
    What's really hilarious is that Richard Aronson also voiced Count Caldaur, a far more serious and impressive role, in AGDI's version of KQ2...plus Cedric once again in a humorous little easter egg cameo.
  • Any time in KQ7 when had Valanice look at something and all she did was say "Hmmm...." Also some of those death messages coming from Captain Obvious "I hate that Gargoyle, maybe next time I should stay away from it...."
Add Comment