User Avatar Image

The Making of Poker Night?

posted by RAnthonyMahan on - last edited - Viewed by 891 users
From Telltale's blog...

Get some insight on the making of Poker Night at the Inventory on Sunday afternoon in the Making the "Citizen Kane" of Poker Games: Poker Night at the Inventory" panel. You'll hear from Sean Vanaman, Jake Rodkin, Nick Herman, and Tulley Rafferty on the intricacies of putting together last year's cross-over title! Stop by the Wyvern Theatre on Sunday at 3:00pm to get in on the panel!

Any chance there'll be videos of this, or at least a blog post recounting everything said? It sounds interesting.
24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Alan Johnson;466131 said:
    Considering the entirety of our staff that was at PAX East officially on Telltale business was on the panel, it would have been a little tough getting that set up.
    Hell, an iPhone 4 shoots 720p video, so no camera purchase would even have been necessary. Totally agree with you though, but unfortunately, sometimes limitations come into play like this.
    I will forgive you THIS time Alan.
  • Irishmile;466304 said:
    I will forgive you THIS time Alan.
    :) Yesssss!
  • Alan Johnson;466311 said:
    :) Yesssss!
    But you are on probation.
  • Yeah next time I will take away all your toys and put them on a really high shelf so you can still see them but not play with them.... muaahahahaha
  • Irishmile;466346 said:
    Yeah next time I will take away all your toys and put them on a really high shelf so you can still see them but not play with them.... muaahahahaha
    That is evil, but I'll..... PLAY WITH THE TOYS!!!!!!!

Wait that would seem more diabolical from Skunkape. And it would make sense with the storyline:D
  • Ah, the lost Thumbcast. This is why we need a Telltale podcast, people. If Double Fine can do it, so can you guys! Don't let Schafer win this one. ;)

I would love to hear more about those "crazy pie in the sky" features.
  • Jake;466285 said:
    Haha that article. It circled the rounds in the office today. That piece sadly makes us sound like a bunch of curmudgeonly grumps.
    "Unmitigated disaster" can be the new marketing line for the game.
  • Sad that I missed this panel.
  • 80 days to make a videogame????
    I know you are starving for dollars, but why you decided to publish such an "unmitigated disaster"? Working at Telltale means this?
    The artistic direction of Poker Night is beautiful, but with this "incident" you lost a lot of reputation about givin' a stable and bug free release. Again.
    This kind of logic is the real threat for a company like yours.

No more 80-days games, please. Or, at least, give them for free 'cause my money wasn't broken when I gave you! :D
  • Tjibbbe;466625 said:
    Ah, the lost Thumbcast. This is why we need a Telltale podcast, people. If Double Fine can do it, so can you guys! Don't let Schafer win this one. ;)

I would love to hear more about those "crazy pie in the sky" features.
    Yeah point a camera at Grossman that guy always cracks me up in interviews.
Add Comment