User Avatar Image

The Up Coming Movie Thread

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users
Edit: This thread is meant for upcoming movies that you want to talk about, I figured a thread solely dedicated to this could bring up some interesting conversations. Also, it's more appropriate than say 100 separate threads. Here is the time and place for up coming movies.

I wanted to comment on a up coming movie called :

The Beaver, starring Mel Gibson, and Jodie Foster.

(trailer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttv-gvOzaPw

Finally, my thoughts on this up coming movie.

Honestly, the trailer surprised me. This looks like it will try to be funny, try to be serious, and have a deep meaning to it that a lot of people will hate it for because they think it's essentially just a comedy ...

I give it more credit than that, as people are ignorant and poke fun of mental illnesses, commonly. This movie clearly has a mental illness and depicted by the trailer, it appears that it unfolds in a real way, and when things get realistic there's usually a conceptional realistic theme, message.

Even with the trailer...I've seen a lot of shallow, narrowly observed, flat comments. Comments, such as, what a hoot! Jim Carey would be better for this...

*sighs*, followed by *heavy sigh*...

I don't think that this is essentially meant to be a comedy. Perhaps it was intended to be misread, misunderstood at the get go, to draw people into the experience, though. As of right now, I don't think a lot of people are getting it...
51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, all I'm really looking forward to are Nightwish's 'Imaginarium', coming in 2012, and 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides'.

I actually have faith that 'On Stranger Tides' won't be just a cash cow or an uninspired effort to try and mirror what the original three were. What I've heard from those involved, and what I've seen in the trailer has all been quite positive. Also, the fact that a further two installments are planned after this one would indicate that they probably have a significant number of original ideas up their sleeves. So I have confidence in 'OST'; I just hope I'm not let down.
  • I want to see Sucker Punch, too

Suckerpunch

(trailer)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dzikBZTUy8
  • I'm caught between thinking that Sucker Punch looks like it might be fun,if not particularly good, and thinking that it looks like pure suck. The casting of Vanessa Hudgens nudges me more toward the latter.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is probably the movie I am most looking forward to at the moment.
  • Irishmile;469229 said:
    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is probably the movie I am most looking forward to at the moment.
    I'm with you on this.

Well, I suppose I'm also really looking forward to Sherlock Holmes 2. Though, that's much, much later this year.
  • I'm really looking forward to The Hangover 2. Judging by the trailer, it looks like a promising film.
  • Alcoremortis;469233 said:
    Well, I suppose I'm also really looking forward to Sherlock Holmes 2. Though, that's much, much later this year.
    Wait, there's a second one in production? That great! I really liked the first one, even if it was somewhat flawed, it was still a fun ride.
  • Hayden;469251 said:
    Wait, there's a second one in production?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1515091/
  • Hayden;469251 said:
    Wait, there's a second one in production? That great! I really liked the first one, even if it was somewhat flawed, it was still a fun ride.
    According to a random internet search, there's one scheduled for a December release.
  • My most anticipated movies:

1. The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn
    2. The Hobbit
    3. Super 8
    4. Satoshi Kon's Yume Miru Kikai
    5. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
    6. Quentin Tarantino's Untitled Spaghetti Western Starring Christoph Waltz and Franco Nero
    7. Cowboys and Aliens
    8. The Dark Knight Rises
    9. War Horse
    10. Guillermo Del Toro's The Haunted Mansion
    11. Walt Disney's Jungle Cruise Starring Tim Allen and Tom Hanks
    12. Captain America: The First Avenger
    13. Batman: Year One
    14. La Herencia de Valdemar II: La Sombra Prohibida
    15. Green Lantern
    16. Water For Elephants
    17. Full Metal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

Movies that are out by now that I really want to see: