User Avatar Image

Rate The Last Song(s) You Heard

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 8.1K users
I don't know how far this topic'll go, but it could be interesting. I guess it depends how often you guys listen to music; I do it every day!

I'll start. You can post links too if you want. I mostly only ever listen to songs I like, so this list might end up being rather silly. :D

Under the Boardwalk - Bruce Willis and the Temptations - 11/11

Joy to the World - Three Dog Night - 11/11

La Bamba - Ritchie Valens - 11/11

Devil Woman - Bruce Willis - 9/11

Sinner's Prayer - Bruce Willis, BB King, and Billy Preston - 10/11

Everybody Jam! - Scatman John - 11/11

Snow Road - Yuka Tsujiyoko - 9/11

Friday - Rebecca Black - 0/11 Because it's the cool thing to say.
285 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Secret Fawful;469596 said:
    Fair play to that! :)

Currently listening to Fully Faltu from a new Bollywood film called F.A.L.T.U... I rate it a 7/10. While it's a grand catchy beat for now, I might go off it later... and also, Pitbull might asking for his beats back. XD
    If she wasn't so frigging indecisive about which seat to take it would be a much better song.
  • DrRocketGenius;469629 said:
    If she wasn't so frigging indecisive about which seat to take it would be a much better song.
    I just can't figure out why she had to hurry to the bus stop to catch the bus but then rides in her friends car. And then she's already partying in her friends' car and trying to figure out which seat to take when she is already seated and the rest of the car is full. THERE ARE MAJOR CONTINUITY ERRORS HERE.
  • Well, the 'album(s)' version of this thread didn't go very far. But I'm sure this one will remain close to the top, seeing as how people listen to single songs a lot more than they listen to albums (the impatient beings).

Well, I guess I'll have to post the last couple of songs I listened to last night, which were:

Iron Maiden - "Invaders" - 6.5/10
    This is quite frankly one of their worst songs (discounting their B-sides). The riff is bland, the chorus is ugly and sounds like it was thought up in about 30 seconds, and the only thing that saves it from being a five (out of ten) is the soloing in the latter half of the song. If I wanted to turn somebody off from Maiden, I'd show them this song.

Iron Maiden - "Children of the Damned" - 9.5/10
    Unlike "Invaders", it sounds like some time and thought actually went into writing and constructing this song. The riff is memorable (unlike in "Invaders"), the chorus is actually pleasant to listen to (unlike in "Invaders"), and even the soloing from "Invaders" - one of the song's positive aspects - is outdone by the solos in this song. Overall, this song is one of the best tracks on what is otherwise a pretty mediocre album.
  • Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy (Little Lord Fautleroy Mix) - ?/10

The fuck did I just listen to?
  • Fire - Lupe Fiasco - 8/10 I'm a sucker for rock/ hip-hop crossovers :D

Jar of Hearts - Christina Perri - 9/10 Not usually one for ballads, but I really like this!

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N - 6/10 Fun and catchy, but nothing special.

Shadowland - The Cast of The Lion King 10/10 I can rarely resist showtunes, but this has to be my favourite from The Lion King :)

Open Arms - Elbow - 7/10 Only heard this because of Comic Relief, but I quite like it. A tad too sentimental though
  • Alestorm - Shipwrecked - A sample song from their upcoming album Back Through Time, I will give it 10/10.
    Alestorm music is awesome, and I can't wait to buy the whole CD. :)
  • VeronicanPlay;469828 said:
    Alestorm - Shipwrecked - A sample song from their upcoming album Back Though Time, I will give it 10/10.
    Alestorm music is awesome, and I can't wait to buy the whole CD. :)
    I'll second that. I've already downloaded the track (illegally, for now) and have listened to it about 6 times. For some reason I can't seem to get enough of it.
    Comrade Pants;469764 said:
    Aphex Twin - Come to Daddy (Little Lord Fautleroy Mix) - ?/10

The fuck did I just listen to?
    Don't worry. I followed the link; I'm confused too.
  • Andrew Thompson - We're In Business 8/10

I've been singing this for the last few days. It's catchy, it's funny, and it teaches a valuable life lesson.
    Well we in Germany are actually lucy. We get this message when we want to watch this clip (or get linked to it)
    Video not available in my country
    Some YouTube content partners choose to make their videos available only to certain countries. For instance, they may only have the licensing rights for a particular region. On occasion, YouTube does block specific content in order to comply with local laws in countries where YouTube has launched. For instance, certain Nazi imagery is unlawful in parts of Europe.
    This really has to be a really aweful song.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Matt Mulholland - Friday (coverversion of the Rebecca Black song)
    Wow. This is seriously great! 10/10

And another cover-version I actually really like.

Commercial Breakup - Bizarre Love Triangle 10/10

Wir Sind Helden - Bring Mich Nach Hause
    11/10 seriously this is one of the best german songs of 2010.

Edit: I really like that remix of Come To Daddy. Has any of you seen the video for the unremixed version?
Add Comment