User Avatar Image

I'd like to pitch a new Sam & Max series to Adult Swim, but...

posted by lattsam on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
Maybe I should show a script of a potential episode to Steve Purcell first, and see if he'll give me his blessing. After all, it worked for the radio play! :D

Should I do this or not?

(Oh, and by the way, the series I want to pitch is NOT my abridged series, just to get that out of the way.)
54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • hamza721;471578 said:
    ok lattasman/badasp here the truth...

FREELANCE POLICE WILL NEVER BE UNCANCELED! NICK JAMESON AND BILL FARMER WILL NEVER VOICE SAM AND MAX AGAIN! JUST GET USED TO IT!

....thank you
    I don't think that's appropriate for this thread. This thread is about pitching a Sam and Max series to Adult Swim.

Okay, Hamza?
  • ^

ok but please just stop persisting with that
  • hamza721;472016 said:
    ^

ok but please just stop persisting with that
    I'll try not to... but it won't be easy.

Anyway, back to the pitching... now Adult Swim has branched into an earlier time slot - 9:00 PM Eastern. Do you think that would be the ideal time slot for a new Sam and Max series, or do you think they should air it later than that?
  • Guys seriously, who are you to tear someone down for having an Idea? it's uncalled for and not necessary.

So he has been adamant about Nick and Bill. Well he's a fan of it, and he would like to see it happen.

Seriously though stop knocking someone down.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it all type of illegal to pitch a show based off another guy's creation?
  • lombre;472046 said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it all type of illegal to pitch a show based off another guy's creation?
    Not if he pitches it to Steve and asks for his permission.
  • lombre;472046 said:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it all type of illegal to pitch a show based off another guy's creation?

Lucus Arts could pitch a Monkey Island show with out even telling Ron Gilbert so no :P
  • Icedhope;472050 said:
    Not if he pitches it to Steve and asks for his permission.
    Whoops, my mistake.

Still, I don't see this happening.
  • So, you don't see it happening doesn't mean, that someone can't post an Idea.
  • Well you can go pitch the idea to Purcell, freewill allows it but I don't think it'll get very far. I don't wanna smush your dreams, we all gotta have them, but sometimes it's better to look at the big picture. You can try if you want to but just don't get your hopes to high about Sam and Max coming back to the world of TV. Time constrants, money and all that fickle world stuff can get in the way sometimes.
Add Comment