User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 19.5K users
Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden
1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just found all the control options to be uncomfortable after a while. Shame because I thought a lot of the design ideas were really clever, and I was always disappointed that they didn't bring those over for an enhanced Wii port, instead of settling on releasing the original on Virtual Console.
  • NPR blog post about 3D. It doesn't mention the 3DS, but much of it is relevant, as the 3DS uses the same type of illusion.
  • Watched Reggie demoing the thing on Jimmy Fallon tonight. It looks like something that'll be awesome and I'll really want later on, but right now it looks like a cool thing I'm perfectly happy not spending my money on.
  • DVRed Jimmy Fallon. I needed sleep so my body would be ready for today.

• Friar;471283 said:
    @DrRocketGenius: That's awesome! Now, if you could morph the moon's face into that of Reggie, you would gain much Kudos.
    Whoops, forgot to upload this. Made it the same day it was asked for. Pretty meh but I couldn't do much without making it look totally stupid.

• Wow, that is scary! Infact, i'm going to scan it into my 3DS to use in Faceraiders. I did a cyberman earlier:

There. I wanted a snap when it said "DEFEAT THE BOSS!" but i was just a smidgeon too late :(
    As promised, have some kudos. Now my 3DS is infected with evil moon Reggie...
  • So i've been slinking about in Splinter Cell, the 3D IS helpful gameplay wise. It gives you a better sense of depth and area. It's particularly useful for example as I lean against a wall watching a guard come down the corridor getting ready to pounce on the bastid. i really get a good sense of how far away he is etc etc.
    DrRocketGenius;473140 said:
    Whoops, forgot to upload this. Made it the same day it was asked for. Pretty meh but I couldn't do much without making it look totally stupid.

Don't be suprised if this ends up on /v/
  • JedExodus;473272 said:
    Don't be suprised if this ends up on /v/
  • Has anyone else had their 3DS crash on them yet? It happened to me three times yesterday. It came up with a black screen telling me an error had occurred, and told me to force-turn off the console. Apparently quite a few people have had similar problems. I'm hoping it's just a firmware issue. Everyone who has had the issue has the latest firmware. Although, pretty much everyone has that firmware anyway...
  • Didn't happen to me yet.
Add Comment