User Avatar Image

Dr. Harding ≠ Dr. Harding ?

posted by piccobello on - last edited - Viewed by 1.5K users
So, did I figured this out correctly? The only character we met originated from the films is Dr. Harding, but why does he look so differently then?

image image
17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The one on the right looks cooler and more apealing as a lead character then the one on the left. They probably also don't have the rights to the likeness of the actor to make the character look exactly like he did in the movie.

Overall, the new look is better anyway.
  • It was actually one of the movie's producers that played Harding. Licensing could be an issue, but I suppose the "new" Harding is more appealing as a lead character. Also, I would expect someone in a higher ranking position at a place like JP, like Harding, would look more, uh... seasoned, as he does in the movie.
  • Well, he certainly looks about ten years younger, but they have SOME leeway, since we didn't see most of his face in the film under the sunglasses and hat! ;P
  • robotpo;481016 said:
    Well, he certainly looks about ten years younger, but they have SOME leeway, since we didn't see most of his face in the film under the sunglasses and hat! ;P
    Hehe good point!

I was just wondering because about licensing they seem to have no problems with BTTF for example…
  • User Avatar Image
    Sinaz20 Telltale Alumni
    ♫Artistic license!♫

We wanted a slightly more fit and hansome father figure.

We're sure they meant to cast Paul Newman for that role anyway. ;)
  • ^^ Good move! Gerald Molen, who played Harding in the movie, is a nasty crinkly wrinkly saggy old bag!!! I don't care if he did produce both JP movies, he's still a bag! :cool:

:p:p
  • Isn't there already a thread about this?
  • Jennifer Parker's dad stole his mustache
  • robotpo;481337 said:
    ^^ Good move! Gerald Molen, who played Harding in the movie, is a nasty crinkly wrinkly saggy old bag!!! I don't care if he did produce both JP movies, he's still a bag! :cool:

:p:p
    Well, age tends to do that, that was kind of mean. The new look is appealing I'm sure, but every time I see Harding, I forget who it is, until I see the name tag, and then I'm like, "Oh yeah, that's not an entirely new character, he was in the film."
  • leon101;482619 said:
    Well, age tends to do that, that was kind of mean.
    Yes, because I was SO obviously being serious...
Add Comment