User Avatar Image

The Original 15 Nublar Embryos

posted by Cyberscribe on - last edited - Viewed by 3.3K users
When Nedry stole all 15 embryos which dinosaurs were they? I'm curious, When did the park brochure that included dinosaurs such as Baryonyx, Segisaurus, and Herrerasaurus appear on screen in the original movie? Because if it wasn't shown at all then wouldn't that bring into question the original 15 embryos? Help me out people what were they? And provide evidence if you can.
85 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • jmine83;483294 said:
    Apparently according to the lore of JP, Compies were discovered to have a natural tendency for eating the droppings of the other dinosaurs and thus helping to manage the cleanliness of the dinosaur paddocks. Sounds critically important to me.
    Yes this was present in the novel as well. That presents a problem, but then again, jurassic park is notorious for underplanning aren't they.
  • http://www.jplegacy.org/index2.php?load=encyc/dinoprof.shtml

    Is JPLegacy a reliable site according to most of the jp community? Because if so it does back up the Nublar Pteranodon/Aviary theory to some extent. Any way this is a more or less complete list of the dinosaurs on both islands.
  • Cyberscribe;483305 said:
    http://www.jplegacy.org/index2.php?load=encyc/dinoprof.shtml

    Is JPLegacy a reliable site according to most of the jp community? Because if so it does back up the Nublar Pteranodon/Aviary theory to some extent. Any way this is a more or less complete list of the dinosaurs on both islands.
    JPLegacy is a very reliable site. It's the main fan created site for anything and everything Jurassic Park. The staff does a fantastic job ensuring that everything is accurate to the best of their knowledge.
  • We know the game is following the rules established by the movie. We also know that the game will be considered canon, so the list really cannot be changed. I believe that Pteranodon was at least intended to be on Nublar, based on the "coming attractions" slide show, but it may not have been there yet, or perhaps the plan was shut down.

    As for Troodon, my best guess is that it stowed away from Site B on a ship running between Sorna and Nublar.
  • trocks;483341 said:
    We know the game is following the rules established by the movie. We also know that the game will be considered canon, so the list really cannot be changed.
    What do you mean by that? I mean the list isn't being changed it's being filled in. If we haven't seen living viable proof of 15 dinosaurs than whoever's in charge of expanding the universe would be at liberty to fill in the remaining mystery dinosaurs.
  • Cyberscribe;483377 said:
    What do you mean by that? I mean the list isn't being changed it's being filled in. If we haven't seen living viable proof of 15 dinosaurs than whoever's in charge of expanding the universe would be at liberty to fill in the remaining mystery dinosaurs.
    I absolutely agree with you. I know we are not talking about removing anything. I'm just saying that the existing list was established and nothing SHOULD be removed, BUT it would be great to see it filled in or expanded. I've seen comments in the past where people have suggested using something from the book instead, but we have to remember this is strictly movie canon.
  • Tyrannosaur87;483255 said:
    As for the Brocures, you can see them in the main road scene when Grant is looking for something to distract the Rex from attacking the car Tim and Lex are in
    I never noticed that in the movie.:)

    http://www.jplegacy.org/encyc/maps/jptourmap.jpg
  • SpielbergFan;483412 said:
    I never noticed that in the movie.:)
    All the basic information you will need for your visit to Jurassic Park!

    http://www.jplegacy.org/downloads/misc/jppropbrochure.pdf
  • trocks;483423 said:
    All the basic information you will need for your visit to Jurassic Park!

    http://www.jplegacy.org/downloads/misc/jppropbrochure.pdf
    Wow, thank you! TellTale HAS to see that!
  • Tyrannosaur87;483270 said:
    So excluding the Troodon, which is an unknown species on the island (hopefully it's creation is explained, as it is a little hard to believe that someone would miss a creature like that being cloned) that leaves us with two other species to work with, since we're not going off of the novel.
    Now who to say the Troodons a new species? They simply said one not scene before... and the majority of the dinosaurs on the species list are unseen.
Add Comment