User Avatar Image

Would you buy the soundtrack?

posted by daltysmilth on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
I wondered if there was any chance of there being an official release of the soundtrack to the game once it's finished.

In any case, I also wonder if anyone hase put together a chronological tracklist of the music files from the game as extracted using the Telltale Music Extractor.
41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Not for BttF but many other Telltale games yes.
  • Magic Emperor;483323 said:
    Am I the only one who thinks the melody of Trixie's "Fun" song sounds a lot like "Here Comes Santa Claus?"
    Well, it's not HER song even.
  • No. It just doesn't compare to the greatness of Sam & Max or Monkey Island.
  • I believe that since ToMI, TellTale never released any more soundtracks of their games. I imagine this is because of lack of time or that the soundtracks they actually released didn't sell as well as they expected. So I find it unlikely that they'll release anymore soundtracks in the future.

I'm still waiting for a Tales soundtrack! :p
  • Magic Emperor;483323 said:
    Am I the only one who thinks the melody of Trixie's "Fun" song sounds a lot like "Here Comes Santa Claus?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y041-eT6QrI

I'm pretty sure Ain't We Got Fun is older.
  • The soundtrack is good, but i wouldnt buy it seperatly like that.
    I wouldnt listen to it anyway... and yeah then there is also the Telltale music extractor.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Trenchfoot;483453 said:
    I believe that since ToMI, TellTale never released any more soundtracks of their games. I imagine this is because of lack of time or that the soundtracks they actually released didn't sell as well as they expected. So I find it unlikely that they'll release anymore soundtracks in the future.

I'm still waiting for a Tales soundtrack! :p
    LucasArts owns the music rights to the new music written for Tales, not us, so it's not our call to make a soundtrack for that game.
  • Scnew;483457 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y041-eT6QrI

I'm pretty sure Ain't We Got Fun is older.
    Oh hey, so they are using genuine period music? That's cool to know. I was kind of hoping that the courthouse square reveal scene in the first episode would have been accompanied by a period song, but this is cool too.
  • Oh, it's an actual song from the period? Well, that just shows how ignorant I am! Thanks for clarifying.
  • Jake;483603 said:
    LucasArts owns the music rights to the new music written for Tales, not us, so it's not our call to make a soundtrack for that game.
    Thanks for the answer Jake, I didn't know that. At least now I know why you guys couldn't do a Tales soundtrack :)

It's a shame that LucasArts won't release a soundtrack of said game. The music for the cutscenes specially is some of the most interesting music of video games from recent times, at least in my humble opinion.

Sorry for going off-topic!
Add Comment