User Avatar Image

Will Escape from Monkey Island ever be on PSN?

posted by coolsome on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
It wouldnt be hard to put the PS2 port onto the psn store they put loads of ps1 games onto it.
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • coolsome;474256 said:
    It wouldnt be hard to put the PS2 port onto the psn store they put loads of ps1 games onto it.
    Every PS3 is capable of playing PS1 games. Not every PS3 is capable of playing PS2 games.
  • SHODANFreeman;474402 said:
    Every PS3 is capable of playing PS1 games. Not every PS3 is capable of playing PS2 games.

Ohh my bad. So does that mean it wont ever happen?
  • coolsome;474533 said:
    Ohh my bad. So does that mean it wont ever happen?
    It's not impossible, but LucasArts would have to make the effort to actually port it to PS3 themselves. So, it's improbable at best.
  • Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. If you want to play it on a TV, and don't have a PS2, you should hook up your PC to your TV, and use some sort of controller (I know the X360 one is compatible with PCs, but I'm not sure about the PS3 one)
  • Its a slight possibility that it may be on the PSN, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up though.
  • coolsome;474256 said:
    I think I read that the game was made for the PS2 and the PC version was the port. It would be easy to bring to the PSN but it would require LucasArts to open up their back catalog, something that hasn't been touched since Darrell Rodriguez left.
  • Ps2 games are now on PSN so maybe one day it will be on there.
  • Popular games tend to get the HD treatment, less popular games or more niche stuff stands a higher chance of a "PS2 Classics" release, so I'm sure Escape would fall into that.
  • Recently, they started putting PS2 games on the store, but I still doubt EMI will end up there. If it does, I will certainly buy it, but I won't hold my breath (at least no longer than ten minutes).
  • They probobly wont even though they added the ps2 section to the store cuz sony said it wads one of thier least favorite games
Add Comment