User Avatar Image

Wii HD

posted by DrRocketGenius on - last edited - Viewed by 438 users
Well, it's that time again: rumors of Nintendo's next console are beginning to pick up.

First, people started to report the Wii will be receiving a price cut.
Next, the rumors started.

Supposedly, it will be revealed at E3 2011.
Supposedly, it uses Bluray.
Supposedly, it's more powerful than the 360 or PS3.
Supposedly, it will have a controller with a touch screen.
Supposedly, it will have a controller with a HD screen.
Supposedly, that screen will be six inches.
Supposedly, developers already have development kits.

Now that's a lot of supposedly's. So, what really will happen? I guess we'll be finding out soon.
33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Gman5852;485504 said:

a screen on a controller I cannot see.
    *cough*dreamcast*cough*

I'm hoping that the touch screen is going to be more akin to the DS screen they already have.

The largest one of those was 4 inches (the DSi XL).

I imagine they are probably going to source that either from the same people they get it from already, or link up with some mobile phone manufacturer.

Though I still would have preffered that they just used that touch functionality with the DS and the 3DS. (As many will have at least one of those), and they release a normal controller on top of that.
  • RetroVortex;485608 said:
    *cough*dreamcast*cough*

I'm hoping that the touch screen is going to be more akin to the DS screen they already have.

The largest one of those was 4 inches (the DSi XL).

I imagine they are probably going to source that either from the same people they get it from already, or link up with some mobile phone manufacturer.

Though I still would have preffered that they just used that touch functionality with the DS and the 3DS. (As many will have at least one of those), and they release a normal controller on top of that.
    That would be awesome. They could manage it more easily with the 's3DS, given that it already has motion sensing/gyroscope in it. All they need to add is an IR camera, and it's all set.
  • By now, though, I think Nintendo knows what they're doing.
  • DrRocketGenius;485451 said:
    IGN says the size of the screen on the controller is confirmed to be six inches. What. I'm going to keep the first post updated with this stuff.
    I can imagine the jokes about stroking my six inches on the wii now....
  • The Zelda: Skyward Sword screenshots from E3 are in 720p, which is higher than the Wii can pull off. We haven't heard anything about a release date yet.

What do you think are the chances they do the same thing they did with Twilight Princess on the Gamecube/Wii?
  • DrRocketGenius;485766 said:
    The Zelda: Skyward Sword screenshots from E3 are in 720p, which is higher than the Wii can pull off. We haven't heard anything about a release date yet.

What do you think are the chances they do the same thing they did with Twilight Princess on the Gamecube/Wii?
    I don't think they will. Or at least I hope not. They usually release their trailers and stuff in HD. I think the Mario Galaxy 2 trailers were in HD too.
  • I know I should be excited, but for some reason I'm not. I guess I just can't really hit another high after the game announcements the 3DS has had, but I am also somewhat disgruntled about the Wii still.
  • Hm. I love my Wii.
  • I don't get why there aren't more adventure games ported to the wii. It's perfect.
  • Instead of the Wii 2, I prefer to call it the Wii wii.
Add Comment