User Avatar Image

Monkey Island! Bring It Back!

posted by The Flash BANNED on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
BRING BACK A FIFTTH INSTALLMENT OF MONKEY ISLAND PLEASEEEEEEEEE. :eek:

omg i miss that game so much, grew up with it since the secret of MI. and never used a walthrough site once. i love the puzzzzzzzzles. grew up with that whole lucasart adventure genre , all except the indiana jones. eff lucas art for killing my dreams and im sure a thousand more. asses, but now we have telltalegames. and hopefully they'll do us all a favor and BRING BACK MONKEY ISLAND PLEASEEEEEEEE! in non episodic sequences of course <3 have a happy new years guys :cool:
41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Easier said than done, I doubt LucasArts would be too willing to give away the license. Sam and Max was different, seeing as it was Steve Purcell who held the rights to the characters, but Monkey Island is 100% owned by LucasArts.
  • If LucasArts isn't making any more Monkey Island games why would they still want to keep the license?
  • For if they ever decide to make more, presumably, or so they have a safeguard if they ever fall into financial difficulty.
  • Badwolf;48946 said:
    For if they ever decide to make more, presumably, or so they have a safeguard if they ever fall into financial difficulty.

haha when could that happen to lucas arts they own star wars which is pretty much a licence to print money
  • patters;48947 said:
    haha when could that happen to lucas arts they own star wars which is pretty much a licence to print money
    Well, people could become intelligent, informed consumers and not make decisions based on "Oh, look, it's Star Wars!"
    Oh, wait...
    Nevermind.
  • TrogLlama;48951 said:
    Well, people could become intelligent, informed consumers and not make decisions based on "Oh, look, it's Star Wars!"
    Oh, wait...
    Nevermind.
    and one game adds to this

FIFA
  • Well, I just noticed on MobyGames that Ron Gilbert is credited as a special thanks on the latest Sam&Max episode. Ya never know :)
  • Till;48960 said:
    Well, I just noticed on MobyGames that Ron Gilbert is credited as a special thanks on the latest Sam&Max episode. Ya never know :)
    *prays that it may be restored to it's former glory after Lucasarts see what a big mistake they made after letting go of Sam & Max*
  • It was one of the first things I noticed in the credits... He isn't the only one of the LucasArts' golden age : Collette Michaud and Michael Stemmle are also in "special thanks".
  • There should be a banner everywhere saying.. "Telltale didn’t buy Sam&Max from Lucas Arts so stop asking us to buy monkey island, grim fandango or maniac mansion because... IT WON’T HAPPEN…. period"
Add Comment