User Avatar Image

Avril Lavigne, may have changed for the worse?

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 2.7K users
(New single)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE7dhplqLjs&feature=recentf

"It may be the case ,that to judge her element of what may be perceived as her current quality , you would have to be committed to what would statistically be perceived as her original passage of success of sound."

Comments about how "bad" she has always been may been seen as irrelevant comments by another.

I "discovered" Avril Lavigne several years ago, with her first album. ":)"

As I've possibly perceived "the influence " on my perception of reality her music has had , I shall possibly respond: "Lyrics that were heart felt, had weight to them. Feeling and passion behind her words that meant something, that provoked a heart felt connection to the listener. I wanted to hear her voice, hear what she had to say."

As perceived, as possibly recalled, she always meant what she said and convinced others that she meant it. I may have respected, admired her as a passionate performer who may have convinced others that she meant what she sang.

The 3rd album looks "different". Off the bat you may perceive that the music, performer has greatly changed as the entire "expression, vibe,' the album cover gives off is "different" than the first two albums.

The album starts with the track GirlFriend, which is debate-ably dramatically "different" than her first two albums...

Then I Can Do Better follows....

Anyways, when in the mood, I perceive , may have possibly perceived, that I actually enjoy a few of the tracks on the 3rd album.

Such as,
Runaway
When You're Gone
Innocence
Keep Holding On

All and all, I'm beginning to believe that I may have acted in a way that may be now considered a over reaction. Personally, I do not listen to all the tracks often, but there are a few that "connect" to me.

I am hoping for what I consider her "original" connection drawn to what I may perceive as self, in the 4th album.

GOT TO GET TO WORK!
51 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey, doodo!; have you ever listened to your writing through a text to speech synthesizer? It's very enlightening.
  • Comrade Pants;488029 said:
    Hey, doodo!; have you ever listened to your writing through a text to speech synthesizer? It's very enlightening.
    Now, that's just going to encourage him to write more noise posts. Which I suppose is rather entertaining...
  • Alcoremortis;488052 said:
    Now, that's just going to encourage him to write more noise posts. Which I suppose is rather entertaining...
    It gives us more ammo to make it sound like GLaDOS is "having fun." Besides, it's better than listening to Avril Lavigne!!! (FULL CIRCLE)
  • Comrade Pants;488056 said:
    It gives us more ammo to make it sound like GLaDOS is "having fun."
    It does, I'll give it that. Already Doodo's musings and the Hi everyone! thread have produced...interesting results.
  • I now say we stop this exchange before Guru or the shippers arrive.
  • I have no idea what you two think you're on about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrOlIladAM8

I don't care. None of you get it. This has far more emotion and value to it than most other chick singers of her time. She was truly something special before the man reprogrammed her. She was truly something special. Her lyrics are all meaningful for the first two albums. Her music had a message, purpose.

And if you ever saw her old interviews or old studio recordings maybe you'd understand...
  • doodo!;487845 said:
    This is why I don't like talking to human beings...
    Try the alternative, then.
    How can it be awful, she has a signature success..
    Success really isn't correspondent to talent or quality in the music industry these days. I'm not necessarily referring to Avril, it's just that I find this statement somewhat flawed.
    You're argument has sociological barriers, it's flawed, it's not logical...it's not fair, it's not calculated, your making leaps...
    These need to be switched. Sorry, I just couldn't let that go by unmentioned.
    doodo!;488097 said:
    She sounds quite nasally and strained on this performance. Just a personal observation. And no, I'm not saying this to be a troll or to rag on Avril. I actually don't have much of a problem with her as a person or artist (I do intensely dislike "Girlfried", though); I'm just pointing out that this was not the ideal performance to link to if you are trying to reverse people's negative opinions of Miss Lavigne.
  • It's ok, my mind is finally slipping through the grates below as all is washed away from the stormy night down into the sewers...
  • doodo!;488693 said:
    It's ok, my mind is finally slipping through the grates below as all is washed away from the stormy night down into the sewers...
    Firstly, I fail to see how this is relevant to the topic at hand; we're discussing Avril Lavigne (mostly).

Secondly, in response to what you're actually saying, it probably wouldn't be the case if you weren't constantly telling yourself this. I know you're probably going through some sort of struggle at the moment, but you're only enhancing the severity of your situation by constantly convincing yourself that you're completely down and out (which is the basic gist that I'm getting from your recent posts). I know I can't put myself in your shoes, but surely you'd be better off by adopting a different mindset; your current one can't be healthy.
Add Comment