User Avatar Image

Announcing: Lord Sevein's Let's Play: Jurassic Park - The Game!

posted by Lord Sevein on - last edited - Viewed by 4.8K users
Hi guys! I wanted to take a second to announce my Let's Play of Telltale's Jurassic Park - The Game!

[CENTER]image

Complete Telltale Jurassic Park Playlist![/CENTER]

Unboxing Telltale's Jurassic Park - The Game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCLJrCenaPM

[Posted in April]
The first episode will posted the same day as the release date. I've already pre-ordered so here's hoping for a release this week! :D

Now, why am I doing this? Honestly, I've seen a lot of people here on the fence about whether or not to pick up the game. From what I have seen, Telltale is taking the first honest crack at the JP licence in a long time. I completely support trying to keep the look and feel of the original movie as well as the decision on not making the game just another dinosaur shooter. They've also been successful in sculpting an amazing community and environment here on the forums. Personally, I'd love to see Telltale supported (financially that is) for all the hard work they seem to be putting into this release. Hopefully, once people see some live game play and commentary they'll choose to support Telltale too!

Unfortunately, I won't have any footage of the Telltale game until the release date ... However, I was thinking of doing a Let's Play of the original Jurassic Park game for the SNES in the meantime. Would anyone be interested in that? You can check out my youtube channel here.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

[Edit: 11/15/11]

This game is freaking amazing so far! Hopefully everyone else is enjoying it as much as I am now!

[Edit: 1/16/13]

Just updating the thread for anyone wanting to see a full playthough. I still recommend the game despite some of the flaws other people have pointed out. I had a blast playing through it and it seems people enjoyed watching it.
29 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nice, I might check out the upcoming video once I have finished the first episode. :)
  • Games delayed to end of 2011, fall.
  • chris198;493212 said:
    Games delayed to end of 2011, fall.
    Yeah I just got that email ... Eh you can't fault them for trying to make a better game. I just hope this delay doesn't cloud people's opinion of Telltale. Sure, the game might be delayed, but whatever makes for a more successful launch will mean nothing but good things for the franchise as a whole. Yeah of course I wanted to play the game this week, but I'd much rather have the Telltale game be the basis of many great games and (dare I say it) a revival of JP as a whole. Anyway ... I'll turn the nerd off. :)

Of course this means my let's play will be delayed. However, what JP game would everyone want to see in it's place? I personally have fond feelings for the old SNES game as it was the first game I got with the system.

[CENTER]image

(Just for reference, this is the one I'm talking about.)[/CENTER]

What do you think?
  • Lord Sevein;493250 said:
    Of course this means my let's play will be delayed. However, what JP game would everyone want to see in it's place? I personally have fond feelings for the old SNES game as it was the first game I got with the system.
    This one has my vote!
  • That one has my vote as well, pretty cool game in my opinion!

Seems like a game well suited for a let's play, too.
  • Armakuni;493984 said:
    That one has my vote as well, pretty cool game in my opinion!

Seems like a game well suited for a let's play, too.
    It also lends itself to emulation as that adds a huge feature not present in the original game: a save function.

That's two for the SNES game. Oh derrr - I should create a poll. One sec. :)
  • the avgn did a review about this one..so i vote for the snes version too
  • Wow what timing! I totally didn't see the thread voting for everyone's favorite JP game. Check it out here. That Trespasser game is really tempting ... but I'm way more familiar with the SNES game. Hmmm ...
  • Lord Sevein;494234 said:
    Wow what timing! I totally didn't see the thread voting for everyone's favorite JP game. Check it out here. That Trespasser game is really tempting ... but I'm way more familiar with the SNES game. Hmmm ...
    There's plenty of time to do both! :D
  • I'd say go for the SNES version first (as I just saw a let's play of Trespasser not very long ago :D).
Add Comment