User Avatar Image

Should I get Bone?

posted by Guybrush Threepwood on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users
Hi guys. I'm undecided if I should get Bone or not. I really love Sam and Max, but would I like Bone - is it completely different? What do you do in it?

Just wanted some opinions from Sam and Max fans, or whatever.

Thanks. :)

Update: I am going to be buying (hooray!) the two Bone games, once I sort out a query I have. :)
15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Christovsky;37212 said:
    In terms of a standard-length adventure game, or one of the Sam and Max episodes, or both, how long are the Bone games?

    My impression from the demos is that they're quite enjoyable, but it seemed obvious what to do at every turn and I'd also like a challenge. Do the puzzles get any harder?

    The first game is pretty easy and quite short, but the second game is slightly harder and longer. However, if you know what you're doing on adventure games, they'll both be easy.
  • I'm vaguely tempted to get The Great Cow Race, which then makes Out From Boneville only another $7, dagnammit! A pox on these clever marketing techniques.
  • Christovsky;37295 said:
    I'm vaguely tempted to get The Great Cow Race, which then makes Out From Boneville only another $7, dagmannit! A pox on these clever marketing techniques.

    You should! The Great Cow Race is really, really good. Check out my oh-so-awesome review for it here or check out my out from Boneville review here.
    [/end advertising my reviews]
  • Dagnammit, you quoted me before I edited out the 'dagmannit'!

    I've read your reviews, and if you really think there's two hours' of gameplay to be had from Out From Boneville (without, y'know, milking it entirely for time-wasting opportunities) and consequently four from The Great Cow Race, then it sounds like a reasonable buy :)
  • Christovsky;37378 said:
    Dagnammit, you quoted me before I edited out the 'dagmannit'!

    I've read your reviews, and if you really think there's two hours' of gameplay to be had from Out From Boneville (without, y'know, milking it entirely for time-wasting opportunities) and consequently four from The Great Cow Race, then it sounds like a reasonable buy :)

    Yeah, those times are if you pretty much speed through without taking time to look around and listen to all the voice options, I believe -- don't quote me on that, I may have got it wrong.

    But if you do it buy it, I recommended looking at everything and going through all the voice options,
  • you should definatly get bone GAME =) ALLSO TRY THE BOOKS IN MY OPINION THE BOOKS ARE EVEN BETTER!
  • 19inuyasha95;49468 said:
    you should definatly get bone GAME =) ALLSO TRY THE BOOKS IN MY OPINION THE BOOKS ARE EVEN BETTER!

    I'm now the proud owner of both. ;)
  • but guybrush threepwood what do you like better the game or the books? in my opinion the books but thats me
  • 19inuyasha95;49472 said:
    but guybrush threepwood what do you like better the game or the books? in my opinion the books but thats me

    I think they're both very different things with different qualities.
  • Guybrush Threepwood;49522 said:
    I think they're both very different things with different qualities.
    well thats cool:D
Add Comment