User Avatar Image

Review Thread (spoilers) - Hector Episode 1: We Negotiate with Terrorists

posted by WARP10CK on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
Well played through it and my first thought is that this is obnoxious but not in a funny way.

The humor,story, and Hector himself almost made me stop playing the puzzles are ridiculously easy, and you telltale fans might be saying so was BTTF....

Yes but BTTF had a good story and funny humor to compensate for the lack of difficult puzzles.

This game is just pure annoyance and should have stayed on the app store.
28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • How long did you take to finish it?
  • _djs_;495330 said:
    How long did you take to finish it?
    About four hours, give or take some minutes.
  • Well, that's what 17+ rating is for. Personaly I love it and think there's too few games with that kind of rauchy humor.
    Great game!
  • I didn't really like it either, the humor often falls flat, and yes, the puzzles were way too easy.

I'm a sucker for anything "mature", but that time it was just puerile and all the gross things were just here for shock value and just to say "hey guys! it's a 17+ game!". The game felt like it was written by 16/17 years old who think condoms and piss are inherently funny...
  • Paintbrush;495340 said:
    Well, that's what 17+ rating is for. Personaly I love it and think there's too few games with that kind of rauchy humor.
    Great game!

Yeah but as the poster below you said, it seems to be there only for the shock factor and it does not work at all.
  • I thought it was funny, but I have been saying for some time the game is easy and short.
  • The smutty humour cracks me up and it almost feels like an early 90s Sierra or LucasArts. I still haven't completed it but am enjoying it. Games like this are so rare these days.
  • I think there's a bit of a culture gap with a lot of the gags. Only a specific subset of people are gonna see the idea of a tramp having a hosue made out of Big Issue mags funny
Add Comment