User Avatar Image

[Hector] Bugs on Mac version

posted by teatime007 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
Hi,

I bought the Mac version and am trying to play it on my Macbook Pro. However, in full screen mode, often parts of the screen (the animated parts?) will flicker and the whole screen will go black then go back to normal. If I switch fullscreen off, this seems to solve the problem, but I don't like to play in a window. Any ideas?

Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, it happens in windowed mode too. Flickering black screen within the game.
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Man I'm getting the same problem. It's too bad because during the cutscenes everything's just dandy, and I like the sense of humour so far.

How does Telltale even go about fixing this? Do they offer downloadable updates or something like xbox and ps3?
  • Just wanted to add on to the list of people with flickering issues on the Mac version. Looks like this is a recurrent problem. :(

What should we do, Telltale?!
  • Same here! Fix please!
  • User Avatar Image
    Insomnica BANNED
    Just another signature for this issue.

Would really like a speedy fix, I bought this on the Steam Trailer, and so far it doesn't disappoint!

Just that the flickering makes it a bloody task to work through.
    I can't properly berate the kid in the station with the flickering background! :rolleyes:
  • I got it on Steam, which is the Mac and PC version. Playing it on the Mac I encounter pretty various bugs. Once my mouse went away and I had to command+f to get out of the screen, my mouse was still unusable in the game, I basically had to quit and start over.

Also in the bathroom scene, the door didn't show up for some reason, so I saw a pair legs with no body revealed instead... nothing game breaking there, but still bizarre.

Once in a while I will see words appear, and characters lips move, but no sound.
  • Having the same issues on my mac book pro as above.
  • Same thing here. Fix please.
  • Me too.

Edit: and I'm using the Steam version, sorry I don't know if there's a standalone version.
  • We just figured out that this is only affecting Macs with GeForce 330/320 cards. As soon as a have more information I'll let you know. If you're a lurker on the forum yet would like an email when we have more info PM me your email address.

Thanks!
  • Amy Lukima;498734 said:
    We just figured out that this is only affecting Macs with GeForce 330/320 cards. As soon as a have more information I'll let you know. If you're a lurker on the forum yet would like an email when we have more info PM me your email address.

Thanks!
    Thats great news! Hopefully I wont have it beat before then as I am currently playing it on a VMware XP image. Works flawless in there!
This discussion has been closed.