Telltale Autumn Sale

Jurassic Park on Disc for PS3 Please

edited March 2013 in Jurassic Park
Now that we know that JP will be put on disc for 360 owners, how about giving those of us the same treatment who don't like to download full games on their HDD who own PS3?

I for one would much prefer having JP on a disc for my PS3 collection. Considering that 360 is getting it on disc, it shouldn't be much of a leap to do the same for PS3 owners.

I know there are other threads on JP being on disc, but those are for the 360. If you're a PS3 owner and want JP on disc as well, then voice your opinion. I'm guessing that the more of us that show we want it on disc for PS3 as well, the more likely it will be for Telltale to decide on doing it.
«13

Comments

  • edited May 2011
    I'd also love to get it to PlayStation 3!

    Let's hope Alan can tell us something xD
  • edited May 2011
    While I own a playstation 3 Im buying the pc version of this game. Although the unfair treatment that Xbox gets does annoy me.
  • edited May 2011
    While I own a playstation 3 Im buying the pc version of this game. Although the unfair treatment that Xbox gets does annoy me.
    Well if you didn't have any digital distributions of Telltale Games for nearly two years...you'd think a little something something would justify the injustice there...
  • edited May 2011
    At this point, I'd prefer a disk on PS3 to a PSN release, what with the PSN being unpredictable. I'm rather peeved that Episode 3 of BTTF, and probably Episode 4 too, will be delayed because of the PSN being down. If it were a disk, there'd be no problems.
  • edited June 2011
    Hi.

    I prefer Jurassic Park: The Game in disc for my PS3 and for my Jurassic Park collection. I hope we Telltale keep in mind.

    PLEASE
    firmajpgame.png
  • edited June 2011
    Unfortunately the disc will only be available for PC and X-box. Ps3 will be done through PSN.
  • edited June 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Unfortunately the disc will only be available for PC and X-box. Ps3 will be done through PSN.

    is 100% sure?. There is no possibility that Telltale announce the PS3 game in disc?

    PLEASE
    firmajpgame.png
  • edited June 2011
    JPFan wrote: »
    is 100% sure?. There is no possibility that Telltale announce the PS3 game in disc?
    From what we've seen so far this seems to be the case, although that may change come closer to the release date.

    So far only the 360 has a confirmed retail disc copy.

    PC/Mac can be inferred from the End Of Season DVD's of past games like BTTF and was originally promoted for the April 2011 release.

    There has been no word on a disc based version of a PS3 release, only through PSN.
  • edited July 2011
    Just curious because I own a PS3, but why would Tell Tale not want to release it on disc for the PS3?

    Considering the issues that the PSN is having, and to top it off some people don't have the means to to use the PSN. I think it would be silly to not release on disc and online for all formats.
    This Game is going to sell anyways, why not make the most out of it. I honestly think this will be the highest selling Tell Tale game to date.
  • edited July 2011
    In EBGames now pre-order for buy Jurassic Park: The Game for PS3 in disc!. How is this possible?.

    http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-154156-Jurassic-Park-The-Game-PlayStation-3

    154156_packshot_l.jpg

    Also pre-order for Xbox 360 in disc.

    http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-154154-Jurassic-Park-The-Game-Xbox-360


    PLEASE
    firmajpgame.png
  • edited July 2011
    JPFan wrote: »
    In EBGames now pre-order for buy Jurassic Park: The Game for PS3 in disc!. How is this possible?.
    Also pre-order for Xbox 360 in disc.
    This is standard procedure for all game selling companies like GameStop or EB Games to create pre-orders based on "announced" games (Some times "rumored" games like Battlefront III).

    But since Telltale removed the Pre-Order back in April and haven't announced anything new, I'd say it's a placeholder until more info comes in. You'd be free to go through with it, I'm sure once the actual pre-order is announced you'd be added instantly. But it's definitely not a "real" pre-order in the sense that it's authorized by Telltale yet.
  • edited July 2011
    I understand what you say but I think it's very misleading to make Pre-order for the PS3 game in disc. Is only confirmed for PSN so far and it seems so will definitely be (unfortunately).

    But there may be people interested in buying this game in this country without knowing that it will not release disc in your store, will pay for the game for pre-order and will not receive the disc.

    The pre-order for Xbox 360 en disc is good, correct and has been announced by Telltale.

    Returned to their customers the money by booking ghost of PS3 game in disc?.
    Is possible what EBGames may know that will be released in physical format for PS3?.

    PLEASE
    firmajpgame.png
  • edited July 2011
    JPFan wrote: »

    PLEASE
    firmajpgame.png


    Don't try to work around/bypass forum rules(specifically, the one about not having a picture as your signature). That can get you banned.
  • edited July 2011
    You can't preorder it at gamestop yet, I work there. Same with eb games, we are the same company. Gamestop bought them 4 years ago. Trust me I have been waiting for a very long time for it to be added to a preorder list
  • edited July 2011
    Don't try to work around/bypass forum rules(specifically, the one about not having a picture as your signature). That can get you banned.

    Why, he isnt breaking any rules? its not his signature either, and I dont have a PS3 and I agree wit him as do most ppl on these forums...
  • edited July 2011
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Why, he isnt breaking any rules? its not his signature either, and I dont have a PS3 and I agree wit him as do most ppl on these forums...

    Definition of "Signature": "User-defined message which is attached to all of said user's posts."

    Note how all of this user's posts on this thread(and a few others) use the exact same image at the end. He couldn't add a picture to his actual signature, so he's just pasting that at the end of all his posts.
  • edited July 2011
    Definition of "Signature": "User-defined message which is attached to all of said user's posts."

    Note how all of this user's posts on this thread(and a few others) use the exact same image at the end. He couldn't add a picture to his actual signature, so he's just pasting that at the end of all his posts.

    Okay then, thanks for the clarification because I was not sure and I was going to add a picture sig just a few days ago, so thanks for the warning guys! :D
  • edited July 2011
    Well, the signature option control panel can not add image, and therefore opted to put the text in image adding that if you can. This means that if an image I really like and want to share I can not do whenever you want?.

    This photo is just a peaceful expression that many do in text for have this game in our PS3 in disc.

    Does not understand that Ps3, being much more sold worldwide to Xbox 360 has the privilege of having it on disc and we run out of it. I see injustice.

    Well Telltale, I hope you give us a joy to the owners of a PS3 released on physical format.

    For my part:
    - Game release in disc for PS3 = sales gained.
    - Game only for PSN of PS3 = lost sale.

    THX.
  • edited July 2011
    JPFan wrote: »
    Well, the signature option control panel can not add image, and therefore opted to put the text in image adding that if you can. This means that if an image I really like and want to share I can not do whenever you want?.

    This photo is just a peaceful expression that many do in text for have this game in our PS3 in disc.

    Does not understand that Ps3, being much more sold worldwide to Xbox 360 has the privilege of having it on disc and we run out of it. I see injustice.

    Well Telltale, I hope you give us a joy to the owners of a PS3 released on physical format.

    For my part:
    - Game release in disc for PS3 = sales gained.
    - Game only for PSN of PS3 = lost sale.

    THX.


    I know you want to share that picture, but you can't bypass forum rules by pasting it at the end of all your posts. That's the very definition of a "signature".
  • edited July 2011
    It's a placeholder as for now is nothing has been announced yet. Main things is to check the blog...thats usually where things are announced.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2011
    JPFan wrote: »
    Well, the signature option control panel can not add image, and therefore opted to put the text in image adding that if you can. This means that if an image I really like and want to share I can not do whenever you want?.

    Share an image whenever you want to, but there's a very specific reason why pictures in signatures are not allowed, and you're demonstrating it here. ;)

    Rest assured, TTG gets the message - doesn't mean that it'll happen. But, please, stop posting the same image over and over. We're just not that kind of forum. :o
  • edited July 2011
    Here is a new box art pic for ps3

    43314_jurassic_park_the_game-v4.png
  • edited July 2011
    That's fanmade ;P
  • edited July 2011
    Well atleast it looks cool i hope thats what the real game case looks like for xbox instead of the symbol aand the game beneath it
  • edited July 2011
    Actually being a moderator there is no rule about having pictures as sigs...if I'm wrong let me know.
  • edited July 2011
    Icedhope wrote: »
    Actually being a moderator there is no rule about having pictures as sigs...if I'm wrong let me know.

    There isn't a rule, as it's actually not even possible to do by normal members. Bypassing that would still be breaking a forum rule, basically.
  • edited July 2011
    JPFan wrote: »
    Well, the signature option control panel can not add image, and therefore opted to put the text in image adding that if you can. This means that if an image I really like and want to share I can not do whenever you want?.

    This photo is just a peaceful expression that many do in text for have this game in our PS3 in disc.

    Does not understand that Ps3, being much more sold worldwide to Xbox 360 has the privilege of having it on disc and we run out of it. I see injustice.

    Well Telltale, I hope you give us a joy to the owners of a PS3 released on physical format.

    For my part:
    - Game release in disc for PS3 = sales gained.
    - Game only for PSN of PS3 = lost sale.

    THX.

    Just create a signature that says PS3 Retail JP please?
    EDIT:Ok the second page here did not at all load for me until I posted that.
  • edited August 2011
    Any updates regarding a PS3 physical release? I've been away for a while? That fan made cover is pretty tight, I'd pass on the green case though.
  • edited August 2011
    It's probably not going to happen.
  • edited August 2011
    SeanJP wrote: »
    Here is a new box art pic for ps3

    43314_jurassic_park_the_game-v4.png

    No way a PS3 game would have a XBox-coloured green game case. Nice mockup, though.
  • edited August 2011
    The game should have the black and red forest art like alway in my opinion :)
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, there's a couple other threads, but the more Telltale sees this, the more they'll listen.

    With the recent announcement that Telltale can now put their games on disc for both PS3 and Wii, there is now NO reason why Jurassic Park should not be put on disc for PS3 as well.

    Just like with Back to the Future... Without a disc version, I will not buy Jurassic Park. I hope you're listening Telltale.
  • edited August 2011
    Without a disc version, I will not buy Jurassic Park. I hope you're listening Telltale.

    Is it an advice or a menace? I'm kidding, of course!
  • edited August 2011
    PS3 NEEDS a GAME PAK version or I will never buy it. :p
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Telekill wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a couple other threads, but the more Telltale sees this, the more they'll listen.

    Including another thread you started yourself! Please don't create duplicate threads. :(
  • edited August 2011
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Including another thread you started yourself! Please don't create duplicate threads. :(

    If it's the only way to be heard, then that's what needs to happen.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Telekill wrote: »
    If it's the only way to be heard, then that's what needs to happen.

    Creating duplicate threads just means the community mods have to merge them. You'll still be heard if you post in the existing ones.
  • edited August 2011
    Considering this game went from PC and "hopefully consoles" to a verified console release, I would just be grateful it is coming to PS3 at all. Releasing a "physical" copy of any game is very costly compared to a digital only release- they are only doing for the the 360 because it is the only way they could release the game on Microsoft's console with its data limit on downloadable "arcade" games. They will not do the same on PS3 for any reason, since it is much more simple and less costly to release on PSN.

    Just let go of this.

    And if you aren't going to buy it unless they do, then don't buy it. Honestly, I am a huge JP fan and if this game was only coming out for one system that I didn't have, I would be buying that system to play this game. If you have a PS3, you should be ecstatic its coming to your console, and even the same day as the other releases.
  • edited August 2011
    TP3D wrote: »
    Considering this game went from PC and "hopefully consoles" to a verified console release, I would just be grateful it is coming to PS3 at all. Releasing a "physical" copy of any game is very costly compared to a digital only release- they are only doing for the the 360 because it is the only way they could release the game on Microsoft's console with its data limit on downloadable "arcade" games. They will not do the same on PS3 for any reason, since it is much more simple and less costly to release on PSN.

    Just let go of this.

    And if you aren't going to buy it unless they do, then don't buy it. Honestly, I am a huge JP fan and if this game was only coming out for one system that I didn't have, I would be buying that system to play this game. If you have a PS3, you should be ecstatic its coming to your console, and even the same day as the other releases.

    I totally agree. I admit that having to go out and buy a card for the PSN, then go through the process of registering, and then downloading the game is a bit of an inconvenience, BUT PS3 is getting Jurassic Park. And HEY who knows they might even come out with THEMES! I'd love a disk...but I won't complain if they don't release it that way.
  • edited August 2011
    Telekill wrote: »
    Just like with Back to the Future... Without a disc version, I will not buy Jurassic Park. I hope you're listening Telltale.

    Join the club xD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.