User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 428K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Well, I downloaded an awesome realistic Earth mod for Civilization V. The bad news is that It crashes the game every so often (every hour so). I'm trying to figure out if this is annoying, or if it's helping to cure a civ addiction.

@divisionten: AH! How... horrid. Although I've heard of worse. Certain brain operations involve you being awake. To avoid hitting certain key areas they make you count to ten and back repeatedly, whilst poking bits of your brain. Poke the wrong bit and you stop talking/muddle your numbers.
  • divisionten;499970 said:
    So... I found out that I'll actually be awake for the second half of the surgery with strings sticking out of the muscles in my eyes. The doctor will pull at them and move them WHILE I AM AWAKE to readjust my eye into it's socket.
  • Vainamoinen;499977 said:
    AHHHHHRGGGGHHHH!! Why do you tell us that??
    Because if I'm going to be in pain, at least I can share it with you. :D

EDIT: Also, all you men are 100% certified Angus wusses. Just puttin' it out there.
  • divisionten;499980 said:
    Because if I'm going to be in pain, at least I can share it with you. :D

EDIT: Also, all you men are 100% certified Angus wusses. Just puttin' it out there.
    Anywhere else I'm fine with, it's just eyes I have issues with.
  • So, no post surgery pics then?
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    You can post pictures of yourself anytime.
  • divisionten;499986 said:
    So, no post surgery pics then?
    Just so long as you're not touching them! What are you actually having done anyway? do you get an eyepatch?
  • I'm getting surgery to reroute the muscles in my eyes so that I can have peripheral vision. No eyepatch- actually, I'm not allowed to have anything touch my eyes for three days after the surgery.
  • I...don't think I needed to hear about that part of the operation. At least it'll be worth it in the end, right?
  • Sorry. I didn't realize it would squick THAT many of you guys out. I find it interesting that the human psyche can handle gory zombie flicks but would get grossed out at a surgical procedure.
This discussion has been closed.