User Avatar Image

"Monkey Island" in the Smithsonian

posted by Klatuu on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
The Art of Video Games

The Smithsonian is holding a new exhibit featuring the art, technology, and cultural influence of video games. They are displaying 80 games from different eras that have been decided on by popular vote, from classics like "Pac-Man" to modern titles like "Heavy Rain".

The exhibit will also include five playable games, including "The Secret of Monkey Island"!
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That's awesome; Monkey Island is definently exhibit-worthy. Looking at the games, there's some I'm glad made the list (Portal!) and some I'm surprised didn't (Castle Crashers, Braid, and Limbo would have been great for the art stuff).
  • Out of all the video games in the world to pick and there's only 5 slots and SMI gets one! This is huge publicity Lucas will probably wanna ok a new game now.
  • did any valve games besides portal make it?
  • coolsome;500511 said:
    Out of all the video games in the world to pick and there's only 5 slots and SMI gets one! This is huge publicity Lucas will probably wanna ok a new game now.
    don't get your hopes to high
  • coolguy721;500591 said:
    don't get your hopes to high

There already sky high!!
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Yay
  • that is quite an honor Ron, Dave, and Tim should be really proud.
  • Gman5852;500519 said:
    did any valve games besides portal make it?
    Half-Life 2 was nominated.

Anyway, this is great news! :)
  • seibert999;500659 said:
    Yay
    thats....um....quite a post
  • coolsome;500511 said:
    Out of all the video games in the world to pick and there's only 5 slots and SMI gets one! This is huge publicity Lucas will probably wanna ok a new game now.
    I share your excitement; the publicity is terrific, and Monkey Island is extremely deserving of it. But I agree with coolguy, I wouldn't put my hope in LucasArts doing anything of the sort. There's the possibility there, for sure, but... it's LucasArts - they've let us down before; they can do it again.
    coolguy721;502159 said:
    thats....um....quite a post
    It's called spamming. This particular brand of spamming is usually done to boost one's post-count, which is what's presumably being done here.
Add Comment