User Avatar Image

Name just ONE true worth while achievement goal of the human race

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 778 users
Name one truly worth while thing we done as a race. Name ONE, then I'll believe that we truly comprehend anything.
Something that would go beyond argument, something that's certain? One thing, name just one thing we've done as a whole that actually benefits the rest of the universe or ties into some sort of worth while purpose, or shows a true comprehension, understanding of true value...

To me, it's all Earth bound nonsense, and it's all debate-able, and it all leads to violence, and greed, lust, personal profits, delusions, or rhetoric to prescribe value where we underachieve any true worth while goals as a race...
62 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • We invented the internet which is almost another Universe inside our little plannet.
  • Humans landed on the moon, thus proving human space travel and exploration can be done.

Also, we're slowly but surely killing those damn trees. I hate those frakking things.
  • Secret Fawful;500682 said:
    Humans landed on the moon, thus proving human space travel and exploration can be done.

Also, we're slowly but surely killing those damn trees. I hate those frakking things.

Sorry but Sam and Max brought them all back.
  • Your question is rigged. Name something truly worthwhile, but nothing is worthwhile because it's only worthwhile by our own earth-bound standards.

Well, who else's standards are we meant to taken into account?

As for the Universe, don't fuss over the Universe. In the great enormity of it all, the Universe cares as much for us as we care about an individual atom that makes up less than a billionth of an inch of skin. Thinking humanity matters on a universal scale is to be completely unaware of how big "The Universe" actually gets.
  • Secret Fawful;500682 said:
    Humans landed on the moon, thus proving human space travel and exploration can be done.

Actually, I would say getting into space in the first place is more important. And was done by russian dogs.
  • Friar;500688 said:
    Actually, I would say getting into space in the first place is more important. And was done by russian dogs.
    No see, if we hadn't broadcast the moon landing, we'd still be ruled by The Silence.
  • ...In millions of years, we will have changed nothing for the better. We will have been nothing more than parasites that once populated the universe.
  • Love.

some people are actually capable of it...
  • Against all odds, Duke Nukem Forever AND a great (post MK3) Mortal Kombat game exist... IN THE SAME YEAR.

Soak that in. Humanity has done the impossibru.
Add Comment