User Avatar Image

PS3 & Xbox 360 releases

posted by Reznor2112 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
So with the news of these both being signed to the consoles, I'm curious as to whether or not they will be physical releases or digital.

The state the PLaystation Network is in, seems it may not be a digital release for PS3.

Can anyone confirm this? :confused:
61 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • If it's fine to download 5 episodes separately for 10 hours total, then why can't you just use a download manager to do the same for one big file?
  • I guess that's how they're dealing with the problems they had re: Xbox Live before.
  • SHODANFreeman;501736 said:
    If it's fine to download 5 episodes separately for 10 hours total, then why can't you just use a download manager to do the same for one big file?
    Because there's a difference between using up energy for a 1 or 2 hour episode download time vs one straight 10 hour full game download, even if you manage to sleep through it, you'll still be wasting energy between the time it finishes and when you wake up.
  • Asian Inferno;502114 said:
    Because there's a difference between using up energy for a 1 or 2 hour episode download time vs one straight 10 hour full game download, even if you manage to sleep through it, you'll still be wasting energy between the time it finishes and when you wake up.
    You misread my post. You can use a download manager and download for two hours, pause the download, shut down your PC, and resume the next day.
  • SHODANFreeman;502128 said:
    You misread my post. You can use a download manager and download for two hours, pause the download, shut down your PC, and resume the next day.
    Ahh...I always seem to have trouble with those. But if it works like it's supposed to, then by all means feel free to release it as one package. I'd just like to play while waiting you know...
  • What about Wii release?
  • Asian Inferno;502167 said:
    Ahh...I always seem to have trouble with those. But if it works like it's supposed to, then by all means feel free to release it as one package. I'd just like to play while waiting you know...
    Many MMOs use a sort of streaming download technology, where it will download the beginning of the game first and download the rest as you play. I'm sure this tech could be fairly easily implemented into a linear style game.
  • SHODANFreeman;502227 said:
    Many MMOs use a sort of streaming download technology, where it will download the beginning of the game first and download the rest as you play. I'm sure this tech could be fairly easily implemented into a linear style game.
    Let's hope they do so then!
  • Well I love both games. It would be exciting to see them in release either physical or digital.
  • As long as we get the game.. I don't care how they release it!
Add Comment