User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 427.6K users
One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.
38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • GuruGuru214;505679 said:
    That's because the American idea of a taco is totally different from the Mexcian idea of a taco, just like pretty much all "ethnic" food in the US.
    I'm sure the reverse is also true.

My wife's brother told me once about his experience ordering a burger in Japan.
    EDIT: Oh. and pizza too! I remember he said that they put mayo on almost all their food, including drizzling mayo across the top of a pizza. What's more, the Japanese apparently don't function well if you ask for a specially made order.

I'm not saying they're stupid. The culture there is just different, I'm sure. But it certainly sounds gross to me.
  • I like the western version of donairs though(beef instead of lamb, sweet sauce instead of tzatziki).... so good.
  • I actually don't like Taco Bell.

*GASP*

I'm more of a Chipotle person.
  • Alcoremortis;505683 said:

Im just sick of having to buy new underwear to enjoy them.
  • Alcoremortis;505683 said:
    I actually don't like Taco Bell.

*GASP*

I wouldn't mind Chipotle if I could eat there without it being too spicy for me. As it is, my business goes to Qdoba.
  • GuruGuru214;505679 said:
    That's because the American idea of a taco is totally different from the Mexcian idea of a taco, just like pretty much all "ethnic" food in the US.
    Heh, having seen them myself I'm definitely not unaware of that. Honestly, even when they try being like the real deal the ingredients make all the difference.
  • SunnyGuy;505691 said:
    Heh, having seen them myself I'm definitely not unaware of that. Honestly, even when they try being like the real deal the ingredients make all the difference.
    Well, my personal rule about Mexican places is that it's not a real Mexican restaurant unless they serve tongue.
  • GuruGuru214;505689 said:
    I wouldn't mind Chipotle if I could eat there without it being too spicy for me. As it is, my business goes to Qdoba.
    Too spicy? Really? Maybe it's just my Southern Californian roots but I don't find them spicy at all. Then again, I never put any salsa stronger than the mild kind on my burritos.
    Giant Tope;505693 said:
    Well, my personal rule about Mexican places is that it's not a real Mexican restaurant unless they serve tongue.
    Do arteries count? Because I totally got an artery in a burrito at my school cafeteria once. It was awesome.
This discussion has been closed.