User Avatar Image

Sam & Max Hit the Road HD Remake

posted by Rythenarutoninja on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users
Anyone else want a Sam & Max Hit the Road HD remake with Telltale's Sam and Max's voice actors? (Or with the original) for PC,Mac, and PS3? Vote in the poll
28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't see why LA couldn't make a HtR: Special Edition like they did with Monkey Island: Special Edition, unless they would have to pay for the rights to re-release it from Purcell. However, with TTG focusing on other games, I think the S+M buzz has died down since it wasn't as big as MI originally, so they likely are looking at it as a big question mark for whether it will make them enough $$$ to be worth recoding it for modern PCs.

As for my personal opinion, yes, I'd live to see a HtR:SE re-release, even if the changes were minimal just for compatibility.
  • Ashton;505962 said:
    unless they would have to pay for the rights to re-release it from Purcell.
    They would. They only possess the rights to re-release it in its existing form. They are not allowed to change it in any way.
  • I like the idea, but the art style would probably look like their current episodic graphics (which is trademark at this point) but there's something nostalgic about HtR, so much so that it deserves separate recognition.
  • I like the sprite graphics.
  • I'm ashamed this thread exists.
  • This game deserved to be re-released for the PSN & Xbox Live.. it's just a pity with what is going on over at LucasArts
  • I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of it in the style of MI2:LR: Special Edition
  • **We need a Sam & Max Hit the Road remake! **

• In reply to nRipper

**We need a Sam & Max Hit the Road remake! ** link

I don't know how well the HD remakes that Double Fine have been putting out have gone, but I can't imagine them tackling S&M as much as I'd love them to.

Regardless I just want a new S&M game, I don't care if Telltale or Double Fine or some other studio can do it. Its been too long since they've properly graced our screens. (Poker Night doesn't count!)

• In reply to tarasis

I don't know how well the HD remakes that Double Fine have been putting out have gone, but I can't imagine them tackling S&M as much as I'd love them to. link

Exactly! We need our Dog and Bunny duo back!

Add Comment