User Avatar Image

Help in finding the names of 2 adventure games!

posted by fluvly on - last edited - Viewed by 840 users
Hi! I am looking for 2 adventure games that I used to play when I was young (1991-1998) but I can't remember their names.

The first one was about an american guy, probably owner of a museum - someone steals something from the museum (I also remember a snake being involved) and he has to travel around the world. Only place I remember he went to is probably Nepal?

The second one is more of a fantasy one, the characters are human-like but with big noses and funky hair. The main character is a blonde guy with spiky hair who is in a strange city, and in some way he has to reach the top of the city and go in some protected area. It's kind of a comedy game, it's all a bit crazy (neon lights, posters of strange girls and stuff). It was probably about someone who took control of the city and made it bad or something...

If any of them ring a bell, please let me know! :)

Thanks!
43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • JuntMonkey;508218 said:
    Nah it's fine. The Lucasarts philosophy does not have to apply to every game in the genre. Sierra, with their numerous random deaths, outsold Lucasarts significantly for better or for worse. How have adventure games been doing in the last 12 years or so since "no deaths" was made standard? How did they do in the 12 years before that?
    No offense but that's a real bad use of logic. It's like when Christian parents ask why schools have gotten worse since prayer was removed. It looks at only a single factor to make what is a subjective judgment call.
  • JuntMonkey;508218 said:
    Nah it's fine. The Lucasarts philosophy does not have to apply to every game in the genre. Sierra, with their numerous random deaths, outsold Lucasarts significantly for better or for worse. How have adventure games been doing in the last 12 years or so since "no deaths" was made standard? How did they do in the 12 years before that?
    Correlation =/= causation.
  • Has anyone here ever played that game where you're a wizard? I think it's based on a book or something, and everyone around you is played by a british actor.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    StrongBrush1;508650 said:
    Has anyone here ever played that game where you're a wizard? I think it's based on a book or something, and everyone around you is played by a british actor.
    Sounds a lot like the first two Discworld games, where you play as Rincewind the wizard. Lots of decently well-known British actors in them, including Eric Idle (of Monty Python fame) and Tony Robinson (Baldrick in Blackadder). They're based on Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels.

There are also the Simon the Sorcerer games, but as far as I know they weren't based on a book.
  • Well, a book did send Simon to the magic world, if that counts.

But yeah, the series in question is Discworld. The whole series came out for the Playstation, if you want a simple way of getting them to run, but they were primarily made for the PC in the good old DOS days, and as such are tricky to run. Discworld 2 in particular. But don't worry, I wrote a guide to getting it to work through DOSBox. Y'know, if anyone's interested.

Other points of interest: Jon Pertwee (yes, THAT Jon Pertwee voiced a bunch of characters in the first game, and there was a third game in the series called Discworld Noir, though it doesn't feature Rincewind (it's a Film Noir [Spoiler]and later Cthulhu[/Spoiler] parody with an original lead character called Lewton voiced by Rob Brydon, along with Robert Llewellyn, Kate Robbins and Nigel Planer)
  • Okay this game had some type of Fox, and he was a spy of some sort...

(joke question)
  • Ribs;508674 said:
    Okay this game had some type of Fox, and he was a spy of some sort...

(joke question)
    WWF: Rage In The Cage.
  • Ribs;508674 said:
    Okay this game had some type of Fox, and he was a spy of some sort...

(joke question)
  • StrongBrush1;508708 said:
Add Comment